Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteBeta version of the User Space Gang* group picture:

Added in NetBSD-tan, Plan B-tan, Plan 9-tan and Octopus-tan. (still need to add in Inferno-tan, Olive BSD-tan, Open BSD-tan and Midnight BSD-tan)

NICE!!!  ^v^
My GAWDS!!  At this rate, I'm gonna need a bigger body of water.  Hold on a sec.  ^__^

See?  Far more environmentally-friendly than explosive swoonage.  ^.^

And to think you're planning to add Olive an Midnight as well.  Maybe I'll try glacier swoonage next.  -v-

Plan 9-tan is shouting angrily (she will be saying something like "UNHAND MY SPACE BUNNY!!") with Plan B-tan writing it down, NetBSD-tan reading what she is writing, and Octopus-tan trying to calm down Plan 9-tan (Octopus is heavily focused on order, so Octopus-tan dislikes fighting and chaos)

Fufu! Then again, she is an octopus.  No doubt she checks every bit of fighting and chaos around her,... except her own.  ^^;

Bella-hime's downturned bunny ears really look great on Plan9-sama -- I'm glad they're pretty much canon now.  ^__^
The fact that she's wearing her space suit also makes sense in this particular scenario.  The space bunnies aren't just pets -- they're also basically living engines for the USS Glenda (Plan9-sama's saucer).  Yes, an advanced piece of machinery, driven by what's essentially a bunch of space bunnies on giant hamster wheels.  ^^;

With even one short, Plan9-sama can't take off to wreak havoc on the world.  ^v^;

Going back to Octopus-chan, the 3rd generation clone is illegally cute -- I must call this in, before someone gets hurt in midswoon.  ^.^

I've always loved her hair, but I thought I'd mention how wonderfully you did her eyes.  And now that I mention it, FreeB-chan's are also very gorgeously crafted!  You weren't kidding when you said you were going to start drawing eyes a little differently.  ^__^

PlanB-chan has an amusing serenity to her.  Given that she's not the most emotional OS-tan around, I'm sure this is as close as she'll give us for a smile, but by GAWD it works!  ^___^

[rinse and repeat lavish praise about the eyes]

It's hard from this angle to appreciate all the fish references, but just thought I'd quickly recap the evolutionary progression of Plan9-sama's heritage...

Multics [eagle] -> Unix [horned Owl] -> Plan9 [bunny] -> PlanB [fish] -> Octopus [duh]

If not for the fact that Plan9-sama's TRUE daughter is a living fireball, I'd almost worry that they were suffering from the so-called Photocopier Effect, if you know what I mean.  ^_________^;

And NetBSD-chan is one girl I haven't seen in a LONG time (in part, because of my fault).  And the hiatus is not warranted -- she's a looker.  Don't remember if the little ribbons on her bangs were in the original or not, but I love the effect it gives on her design.  BTW, if OpenBSD-tan has orange eyes, then FreeB. Open and Net will all match beautifully!  ^__^

FYI, the only one I see missing here and from the list of additions is Dragonfly-chan.  Perhaps I should try finishing off her body, to see if I can come up with a decent colormap for Bella-hime's sketch.  Haven't really done anything art-related this weekend.  -___-

Quote*Okay, so Damn Small BSD-tan is actually a wanderer but sometimes she bands with the User Space Gang. She is otherwise with the other Damn Small-tans in their own mini pseudo-faction)

The headquarters of which are located in one VERY famous apple.  ^.^

BTW,... don't you think DSBSD-chan is... dangerously... close... to someone's mouth?  ^-^;

The fate of the poor girl is only a slurp away.  ^v^;

QuoteIt was also conjectured that Olive BSD-tan and Midnight BSD-tan don't actually live with the other members but are still affiliated with them

Correct -- you need to have a certain level of craziness in order to live with the UserSpace Gang members (unless you wish to kiss your sanity goodbye).  Olive and Midnight would be their important eyes and ears to the world (supplementing Plan9-sama's VERY powerful global spying array, which also happens to be VERY suscepitble to breakage by lots of curious hands).  But if they ever have to report to the HQ, you'll never see them stick around for more than an hour.  ^^;

That excludes Dragonfly-chan cause she's already nuts.  ^.^;

===================================

Thank you, Aurora-hime, for continuing work on this beautiful family portaiture!  ^___^

[also, don't forget about that question... ^__~]

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
NICE!!!  ^v^
My GAWDS!!  At this rate, I'm gonna need a bigger body of water.  Hold on a sec.  ^__^

[insert image of huge waterfall]

See?  Far more environmentally-friendly than explosive swoonage.  ^.^
Good choice, and it complies with environmental concerns which are a really big deal!

And to think you're planning to add Olive an Midnight as well.  Maybe I'll try glacier swoonage next.  -v-
To make up for the glaciers that have been melting! Good choice again!

Fufu! Then again, she is an octopus.  No doubt she checks every bit of fighting and chaos around her,... except her own.  ^^;
Hahaha! Maybe that can also be a trait of hers!

Bella-hime's downturned bunny ears really look great on Plan9-sama -- I'm glad they're pretty much canon now.  ^__^
They do suit her better!

The fact that she's wearing her space suit also makes sense in this particular scenario.  The space bunnies aren't just pets -- they're also basically living engines for the USS Glenda (Plan9-sama's saucer).  Yes, an advanced piece of machinery, driven by what's essentially a bunch of space bunnies on giant hamster wheels.  ^^;
And I thought that their ship was powered by anti-matter or something else state-of-the-art, and I thought that Plan 9-sama was just a crazy bunny lady (the equivalent of those stereotypical 'crazy cat ladies')! ^^;

With even one short, Plan9-sama can't take off to wreak havoc on the world.  ^v^;
On second thought, her losing a space bunny may be a good thing 0__o

I've always loved her hair, but I thought I'd mention how wonderfully you did her eyes.  And now that I mention it, FreeB-chan's are also very gorgeously crafted!  You weren't kidding when you said you were going to start drawing eyes a little differently.  ^__^
Thanks! I felt like it was about time I changed the eye style since the previous one I used for 3 years!

PlanB-chan has an amusing serenity to her.  Given that she's not the most emotional OS-tan around, I'm sure this is as close as she'll give us for a smile, but by GAWD it works!  ^___^
I really like how she turned out too in the picture! I imagine she can smile and frown slightly but never flies into rages, laughs hysterically or cries hysterically.

It's hard from this angle to appreciate all the fish references, but just thought I'd quickly recap the evolutionary progression of Plan9-sama's heritage...

Multics [eagle] -> Unix [horned Owl] -> Plan9 [bunny] -> PlanB [fish] -> Octopus [duh]
I would have gone WTF if it weren't for that I still remember there are some evolutions in Pokémon that are almost as weird! (i.e: There's a Pokémon that evolves from a remora to an octopus, one that evolves from a clam to an eel, and one from a mouse to a rabbit!) :D

If not for the fact that Plan9-sama's TRUE daughter is a living fireball, I'd almost worry that they were suffering from the so-called Photocopier Effect, if you know what I mean.  ^_________^;
Yeah! The others are based off animals! How about something inanimate? ;012

And NetBSD-chan is one girl I haven't seen in a LONG time (in part, because of my fault).  And the hiatus is not warranted -- she's a looker.  Don't remember if the little ribbons on her bangs were in the original or not, but I love the effect it gives on her design.  BTW, if OpenBSD-tan has orange eyes, then FreeB. Open and Net will all match beautifully!  ^__^
I haven't drawn her since her preconcept was first proposed and I never got to vectorizing it. I like how she has the same eye colors as two of her sisters (whoo-hooo! Heterochromia FTW!)

FYI, the only one I see missing here and from the list of additions is Dragonfly-chan.  Perhaps I should try finishing off her body, to see if I can come up with a decent colormap for Bella-hime's sketch.  Haven't really done anything art-related this weekend.  -___-
AAAUGH! I forgot about her! I'll add her in as soon as you come up with a color map for her!

The headquarters of which are located in one VERY famous apple.  ^.^
But given all the Damn Small-tans (and QNX-tan who likes to shrink herself down to their size and join them), that apple could get heavy!...

And OSX-tan will eventually figure out how that apple on her head has gained weight...

BTW,... don't you think DSBSD-chan is... dangerously... close... to someone's mouth?  ^-^;

The fate of the poor girl is only a slurp away.  ^v^;
OH NOEZ!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!

*calls the other Damn Small-tans*
One of your comrades is in dangerous proximity to FreeBSD-tan! Sneak into the Userspace Gang ship and rescue your friend on the double!

I would have also asked QNX-tan but she is in the middle of a failing mission with the A$C!

Correct -- you need to have a certain level of craziness in order to live with the UserSpace Gang members (unless you wish to kiss your sanity goodbye).

However that does not explain Plan B-tan or NetBSD-tan-- Oh, wait... They're only halfway normal at a first glance! :D

Olive and Midnight would be their important eyes and ears to the world (supplementing Plan9-sama's VERY powerful global spying array, which also happens to be VERY suscepitble to breakage by lots of curious hands).  But if they ever have to report to the HQ, you'll never see them stick around for more than an hour.  ^^;
Aside from allowing Olive BSD-tan and Midnight BSD-tan being able to keep some of their sanity, it is a very good strategy!

That excludes Dragonfly-chan cause she's already nuts.  ^.^;
She doesn't live with the Userspace Gang either?

Thank you, Aurora-hime, for continuing work on this beautiful family portaiture!  ^___^

[also, don't forget about that question... ^__~]
You're welcome and I will get to that question you PM'ed me about!

C-Chan

Hi ho!  Busy as a Bee again, so I don't have a single drop of artwork to offer.  I feel crushed by overwhelming suckage.  -v-

But I'll do a few quick responses today.  ^^

QuoteHahaha! Maybe that can also be a trait of hers!

Fufu!  I based that on that old sketch you drew of her where she looks raving mad, and her dress tentacles were flailing all over.  ^__^

QuoteAnd I thought that their ship was powered by anti-matter or something else state-of-the-art, and I thought that Plan 9-sama was just a crazy bunny lady (the equivalent of those stereotypical 'crazy cat ladies')! ^^;

Well she is all those things.  ^___^

Give a Crazy Cat Lady the constructive but pseudo-megalomaniac genius of Plan9-sama, and guess what you'll have?

A state of the art flying saucer... powered by kitty cats.  ^.^;

Same concept, but with bunnies.  ^___^;

QuoteThanks! I felt like it was about time I changed the eye style since the previous one I used for 3 years!

Not so!  You also started drawing your eyes a little differently when you started using Inkscape.  That was roughly a year ago.  ^.^

QuoteI really like how she turned out too in the picture! I imagine she can smile and frown slightly but never flies into rages, laughs hysterically or cries hysterically.

She's one of those characters who, whenever she smiles just a bit too enthusiastically than she usually does, sends everyone around her running and clawing at the walls in fear that she's some sort of mutant alien that somehow body-snatched the REAL PlanB-chan.  ^^;

QuoteI would have gone WTF if it weren't for that I still remember there are some evolutions in Pokémon that are almost as weird! (i.e: There's a Pokémon that evolves from a remora to an octopus, one that evolves from a clam to an eel, and one from a mouse to a rabbit!)  

Well I have to hand it to you... you're still faithful to that Pukumon stuff.  ^.^
I can't even begin to count all the little kids who just loved the games and the cartoon (not the Anime) and all the toys and stuff,... only to switch off it instantly come the 3rd round of critters.  Guess that differentiates fads from trends.  -v-'

QuoteYeah! The others are based off animals! How about something inanimate?  

Well Irfanview-tan is based off road-kill.  ^^'
TinfoilHat-tan is based off... tinfoil.... ¬¬'

And Brain-sama...

Okay, I'll shut up now...  -.-

QuoteI haven't drawn her since her preconcept was first proposed and I never got to vectorizing it. I like how she has the same eye colors as two of her sisters (whoo-hooo! Heterochromia FTW!)

I believe she is technically the eldest (albeit not the most influential), so you could say she "sampled" BSD-sama's gene pool a little.  ^.^;

QuoteAAAUGH! I forgot about her! I'll add her in as soon as you come up with a color map for her!

*collapses into pile of refuse*

Oh dear gawds, I've never heard of more famous last words..... ^______^;
I'll give it a shot tonight, but............. might be safer to just go ahead without her for now.  ^.^;

We at least know what her head looks like (though I still need to touch it up a lot.  ^___^'

QuoteBut given all the Damn Small-tans (and QNX-tan who likes to shrink herself down to their size and join them), that apple could get heavy!...

And OSX-tan will eventually figure out how that apple on her head has gained weight...

In that case, there's more than one home they can migrate to.  ^___^

*eyes EXEC-sama's hair*

Oooh!  A condo.  ^>^

QuoteOH NOEZ!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!

*calls the other Damn Small-tans*
One of your comrades is in dangerous proximity to FreeBSD-tan! Sneak into the Userspace Gang ship and rescue your friend on the double!

Wait a sec...... aren't you just throwing fuel to a fire?  ^^;

*hears a bunch of tiny screams accompanied by a chilling "slurping" sound in the distance*

I knew it...  >.<

QuoteHowever that does not explain Plan B-tan or NetBSD-tan-- Oh, wait... They're only halfway normal at a first glance!  

2/5ths normal.  One of them has pet toasters, the other an Octopus for a daughter/clone/whatever.  Â¬Â¬'

QuoteShe doesn't live with the Userspace Gang either?

Actually, she is kinda/sorta like Olive and Midnight in that she patrols the region immediately surrounding the UserSpace Gang lair/base/whatever.  But she does return "home" frequently for key functions:

- Amiga Worship
- Shower
- Amiga Worship
- Grooming and wing cleaning
- Amiga Worship
- Breakfast
- Amiga Worship
- Brunch
- Amiga Worship
- Lunch
- Amiga Worship
- Dinner
- Borrow Plan9-sama's Spying Array to spy-- er, worshi-- er,... study wildlife... honest.... ¬¬
- Break machine and get yelled at
- Snack
- Amiga Worship
- Sleep
- Sleep-Worshipping
- More Sleep

NejinOniwa

Quote- Amiga Worship
- Shower
- Amiga Worship
- Amiga Worship
- Breakfast
- Amiga Worship
- Brunch
- Amiga Worship
- Lunch
- Amiga Worship
- Dinner
- Borrow Plan9-sama's Spying Array to spy-- er, worshi-- er,... study wildlife... honest.... ¬¬
- Snack
- Amiga Worship
- Sleep
- Sleep-Worshipping
- More Sleep
EEEK! ZEALOTS! GET AWAY FROM ME!!! *swings huge fan around at random* >_<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Well she is all those things.  ^___^

Give a Crazy Cat Lady the constructive but pseudo-megalomaniac genius of Plan9-sama, and guess what you'll have?

A state of the art flying saucer... powered by kitty cats.  ^.^;

[image of SPACE KITTIES!! :D ]

Same concept, but with bunnies.  ^___^;
Given how crazy Plan 9-sama is, those things are not entirely surprising!

She's one of those characters who, whenever she smiles just a bit too enthusiastically than she usually does, sends everyone around her running and clawing at the walls in fear that she's some sort of mutant alien that somehow body-snatched the REAL PlanB-chan.  ^^;

"...Is that Plan B-chan smiling... ENTHUSIASTICALLY?! AAAAAAUGH! *points at Plan B-tan* WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL PLAN B-CHAN?!"

Well I have to hand it to you... you're still faithful to that Pukumon stuff.  ^.^
Not so much anymore...

I can't even begin to count all the little kids who just loved the games and the cartoon (not the Anime) and all the toys and stuff,... only to switch off it instantly come the 3rd round of critters.  Guess that differentiates fads from trends.  -v-'
I was a huge fan of Pokémon from 1999-2001 then my interest in it revived again in 2004 and by then I knew all about the first 2 generations of Pokémon (#1-251) and knew a lot about the third generation (#252-286) though I did still have a little bit to learn. However... my interest in Pokémon which was one of my biggest interests died down in 2005 when... I encountered the OS-tans!

There's now a fourth generation of Pokémon that brings the total number up to 493! And  while I still check out some sites from time to time, I'm not keeping up so well anymore x__x

Well Irfanview-tan is based off road-kill.  ^^'
TinfoilHat-tan is based off... tinfoil.... ¬¬'

And Brain-sama...

Okay, I'll shut up now...  -.-
BRAAAAAAAINS!! GIMME BRAAAAAAAIIIINS!!

In that case, there's more than one home they can migrate to.  ^___^

*eyes EXEC-sama's hair*

Oooh!  A condo.  ^>^
Good idea! Even better is that EXEC-sama would be unwilling or unable to swat away any little people in her hair!

Wait a sec...... aren't you just throwing fuel to a fire?  ^^;

*hears a bunch of tiny screams accompanied by a chilling "slurping" sound in the distance*

I knew it...  >.<
*facepalm*
What was I thinking? >_<

Actually, she is kinda/sorta like Olive and Midnight in that she patrols the region immediately surrounding the UserSpace Gang lair/base/whatever.  But she does return "home" frequently for key functions:

- Amiga Worship
- Shower
- Amiga Worship
- Amiga Worship
- Breakfast
- Amiga Worship
- Brunch
- Amiga Worship
- Lunch
- Amiga Worship
- Dinner
- Snack
- Amiga Worship
- Sleep
- Sleep-Worshipping
- More Sleep
OMG! That girl is crazy! Her crazy fandom for Amiga-sama makes Slackware-tan's fandom for Unix-sama tame in comparison!
----

I'm uploading this on my own web space because Photobucket was being a total *** and not showing this up in my gallery despite uploading it again at three times which still failed not to mention my internet connection is unusually slow so you can imagine how much rage I have at the moment and this was one of the most difficult characters to create, but at last, here is...

KolibriOS-tan!

She is MenuetOS-tan's daughter and she is a free-spirited and hyperactive hummingbird girl with one of the craziest hair styles I ever drew on a character!

She can't actually fly or hover using her wings, so she has a pair of hover boots that allow her to! For affiliation, she is probably a wanderer but still has close connections with MenuetOS-tan.

C-Chan

QuoteEEEK! ZEALOTS! GET AWAY FROM ME!!! *swings huge fan around at random* >_<

*gets swat by fan briefly*

Aww... you're gonna get it now.  >v<

Quote"...Is that Plan B-chan smiling... ENTHUSIASTICALLY?! AAAAAAUGH! *points at Plan B-tan* WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL PLAN B-CHAN?!"

That's the spirit.  ^.^

There's now a fourth generation of Pokémon that brings the total number up to 493! And while I still check out some sites from time to time, I'm not keeping up so well anymore x__x

A 4TH generation?  @@;
Wow... talk about a money fountain. I wonder if Nintendo had released that many critters during the Pocket Monster/Pokemon craze, whether it would have gained profits exponentially or just suffered from the Law of Diminishing Returns.  [one can only create so many new characters, before the crushing complexity just switches kids' minds off, and they'll head somewhere else for simpler but equally fun pastures.]

QuoteGood idea! Even better is that EXEC-sama would be unwilling or unable to swat away any little people in her hair!

True that!  But I'd also add she'd be unable to even SEE them.  I'm sure there's sections of hair she hasn't personally seen in years.  ^.^;

Quote*facepalm*
What was I thinking? >_<

Mmmm-hmmm... now I have more poker buddies.  -.-'

QuoteOMG! That girl is crazy! Her crazy fandom for Amiga-sama makes Slackware-tan's fandom for Unix-sama tame in comparison!

Well yes, she is quite Slack-like... with the exception that Amiga doesn't try to shoo her away.  In fact, the opportunity never actually presents itself...

Dragonfly-chan is great at admiring Amiga-san from afar -- but if she ever gets so much as near EYE DISTANCE from her self-professed love, she chokes and locks up worse than a shy kid on a prom date.  It's actually a very cute sight to behold.  ^^;

Speaking of which -- OMG!  C-chan actually kept a promise!  @v@

I didn't have too much time available this evening, but I did at least try to color map over Bella-hime's original sketch (also adjusted her head a little).  Colors are pretty self-explanatory, but one thing of note is that a third of her dress shirt is colored white, with the remainder (including sleaves) is that light green colored.  I wanted a little distinction to break away from monotonous colors.  ^.^

Also, over her left breast are three cloth holders (a la Nausicaa) that she usually uses to store quick-access potions whenever she's on patrol.

Both picture and SVG attached.  ^.^

QuoteKolibriOS-tan!

She is MenuetOS-tan's daughter and she is a free-spirited and hyperactive hummingbird girl with one of the craziest hair styles I ever drew on a character!

She can't actually fly or hover using her wings, so she has a pair of hover boots that allow her to! For affiliation, she is probably a wanderer but still has close connections with MenuetOS-tan.

I'm so sorry, Aurora-hime.  I'm afraid I can't be environmentally friendly much longer -- not with this assault of indescribable cuteness.  ^_____________^

I mean just LOOK at her!  Small, juvenile face, uber-multicutural hair, eyes like sweet diamonds, a smile that melts glaciers, one of the most original dresses I've seen to date, and freakin' HUMMINGBIRD WINGS!!!  The fact that she's a hummingbird alone is swoon-worthy,... but THIS!!

This is too much....  
Okay, time for a meltdown.  ^.^;

*MELTDOWN!!!!*

[attachment deleted by admin]

C-Chan

Fufufu.... I'm back for a little bit, and with some reinforcements.  ^__^

I managed to add a little more to the Xenix-sama picture -- as promised, MSDOS-tan and PCDOS-tan appear in their old uniforms (with a small guest appearance by a recently-born Windows 1.0-tan).  ^.^

I had to cheat a little with PCDOS-tan, but think of it as just drilling the fact that MSDOS and PCDOS are twin sisters.  ^^'

All I need now is to apply shading/highlighting, and maybe a fancy background.

Added after 1 minutes:

PS: I suck....

I forgot to add that ponytail to Xenix-sama.  My bad.... Will add it next time.  ^^;

Aurora Borealis

AWWWW!! SOOOO CUTE!! MS DOS-chan and PC DOS-chan in their old outfits (which increase their cuteness several-fold!), and were cheerful- a far cry from their present day selves! And I like the guest appearance of Windows 1.0-chan!

NejinOniwa

I ate one cheezburgr too little at work, these will do fine for replacements. =W=

C-Chan

QuoteAWWWW!! SOOOO CUTE!! MS DOS-chan and PC DOS-chan in their old outfits (which increase their cuteness several-fold!), and were cheerful- a far cry from their present day selves! And I like the guest appearance of Windows 1.0-chan!

Thank you Aurora-hime.  ^^
It was a bit of a gamble to dress the DOS twins in something relatively unfamiliar to most people (especially with the Galleries out of commission, but seems it paid off).  ^^
It's not possible to tell from that position, but 1.0-chan is wearing a little orange-ish kimono similar to the one her +Nijiura+ counterpart wears.  Trying to find a little common ground as always.  ^__^

Was supposed to keep drawing today... but currently adding Ubuntu to something (by request)... ^^;

QuoteI ate one cheezburgr too little at work, these will do fine for replacements. =W=

Oi.  If you eat their 1985 selves, you'll be changing history!  Microsoft, as we know it, will have never existed!  @@;

Okay, time to rethink the ramifications.  ^^;

NejinOniwa

QuoteOi. If you eat their 1985 selves, you'll be changing history! Microsoft, as we know it, will have never existed! @@;
Gluttony, it changes history! =W=

Gussy Keniji

lol sounds like someone's pullin' a Keine move there (Eating history and stuff).

"Wut..."

C-Chan

Speaking of eating.... HORA!!!!!!!!!! ^0^

*tosses fishing net over Gussy*

HAHA!!!  There is no escape!  >v<

Now about that STORM Botnet-tan....?  ^^

Aurora Borealis

If you ate Windows 1.0-chan's 1985 self, think about it... the entire Windows-tan lineup wouldn't exist! There'd be no XP-tan, 2K-tan, Vistans... (rambles on and on)... And no 95 OSR 2.5-sama! There'd be a LOT of outrage!

Now I wonder how the other factions would be affected by such a bizarre and hypothetical change...

Aurora Borealis

Gamma version of User Space Gang pic:

[attachment deleted by admin]