What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

Quote from: "Siya"Oi, SleepyD!  I see you're watching Darker than BLACK.  I've been intrigued by that anime.  

Please tell me about your experience with it. ^__^
I really enjoy the dark atmosphere DtB has. It has a really nice style, and the action scenes are well-animated.  If you're looking for plot, it's certainly there, but they don't really reveal much in the beginning--kinda like a mystery thing, i guess.  

and given the atmosphere and the name, you can guess that this is an action/drama and not an action/comedy.

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"perspective and research my friend, perspective and research.  Research the weapon first, get as many pictures of it as possible from differnt angles etc.. then draw your characther, rough box where the weapon should be to its approximate size (remember, they are little girls so the guns will be oversized compaired to most examples IE: the FN-P90 is about as wide as my chest, but on henrietta it looked alot bigger)  once you get a rough box laid out, use what ever perspective method you think will work best for you (probobly 2 point)  and draw away!  after that its a matter of coloring or shading it in whatever style you plan to do..

Still dispite other peoples complaining i thing the anime was still pretty good, just horribly abriged

True, making a Tsukihime anime requires way more than the 12 or 13 episodes. It wouldn't be enough to satisfy the fans of certain endings.  It had more endings than f/sn did.  And Fate's 3 endings got 26 episodes.  

Most pictures just have the weapon just sitting there.  And yes, they serve their purpose in showing me the visual details.  But I need to find videos of the guns too.  The P90 and a few others I can find easily, but I have ideas that capture the girls in the middle of reloading or with shell casings falling all over the place. heck, my ideas involving guns aren't just limited to the gunslinger girls.... *sigh* now if only I had the time... >_<

Bella

I've been watching Darker than Black, too...it's pretty interesting.

I dunno why, it reminds me a *bit* of Blood+, even though the two series are completely different...it must have to do with the animation style or something O___o

And we'll be looking forward to your fanart, SleepyD :)

CaptBrenden

Well there is a more pricy alternitive... get some good airsoft weapons and have someone pose.. or the alternitive.. get real guns for reference and have someone hold them/pose.

Maybe I could slap togeather a quick tutorial on gun drawing...

But anyhow at the very least, if you havent, go to a range and fire a gun for a bit. Familurize yourself with a gun and how it operates.  Artists often draw from personal knowlage and a little first hand knowlage would do you some good.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Siya

I'll have to get around to watching Darker Than Black, then.

In the meantime, I'm watching D.Gray-man.

Toki

Utamaru wakata utamaru wakata... ^__^ I watched Da Capo and Paranoia Agent just because Utamaru and Maromi were voiced by Haruko Momoi... My hero...

Right now I'm watching Sorcerer Hunters!! It's been years since I've seen it, and now I owns it!! >w<
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

Started watching Black Lagoon and GITS SAC, again...Man I need some new (awesome) Anime... *sigh*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Toki

Yeah ;_; I've noticed that there havn't been enough awesome new anime... But theres plenty of old stuff...
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

There is... I just need to be pointed in the right direction (by MisterCat for example)

Look Everyone there he is!!!
*points at a perfect dotted-line-silhouet of misterCat*
LOL
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Currently watching Wolf and Spice (or Spice and Wolf depending on the translation), pretty interesting so far.

Siya

I just finished Shining Tears X Wind.  I'm not entirely sure what to think of it.  It was nice being a story that didn't go off on too many little tangents (which may have been why it was so short).

Smokey

Watching TTGL fierst new anime since about 6 months...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Siya

Watching Ghost Hound.  Planning to move on to KIBA eventually.

NejinOniwa

Ghost Hound is glorious animu. It will fuck your mind up and you'll ENJOY it. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

*Smokey peels off with this new info*
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

I finally got around to watching Gunslinger Girl...more as a deep sociological commentary and less as a show about frickin cyborg kids running around with automatic weapons.

I have to say that was probably one of the saddest series I've seen, but probably one of the best too... :..(