What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjhentohlauedy

so the last remaining choices are rewatching rozen and Watching lucky star.

AHhh! I still can't decide. maybe ill just rest from anime for sometime. maybe some games would work.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Acher13

WATCH THE ROZEN MAIDEN!!!!!

YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THE CAPTAIN AND ALSO ME. THESE ARE GOOD STORIES. AND FORGET WHAT NejinOniwa HAS TELL YOU!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tsubashi

Perhaps it's just me, but what little of Lucky Star I've seen never actually interested me. Rozen Maiden, on the other hand, is an absolutely captivating series; utterly enthralling. Very, very few series can beat it, and Lucky Star is definitely not one of them.
I think Captain-san is right on this one!
-Tsu

Icelilly

I haven't seen Lucky Star or Rozen Maiden. Is it any good?

Tsubashi

Quote from: "I"Rozen Maiden, on the other hand, is an absolutely captivating series; utterly enthralling.

Do watch! If you can, I would say buy it! It is most certainly one of the beast series yet.
-Tsu

Icelilly

Quote from: "Tsubashi"
Quote from: "I"Rozen Maiden, on the other hand, is an absolutely captivating series; utterly enthralling.

Do watch! If you can, I would say buy it! It is most certainly one of the beast series yet.
I just hope I can find it at my local stores! It's difficult to find anime on the shelves. ;_; I got lucky when I found Haruhi and Loveless at BestBuy! O_O;

CaptBrenden

in america at least.. there is only 2 discs out so far.. but they are coming out reguraly.. shouldnt be too hard
you could just cross the border and get some
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Gummster

This depends on how you want your anime, it is both different genres, is it not? And not that I like it better but I am likelier to watch Rozen Maiden instead of LS simply because it has a story, LS is more the sort of anime you watch every now and then.

CaptBrenden

very true, it is hard to compair different types of stories.. but ill say this. I feel that, over all, the stories like rozen maiden are better.  They stay with you, they mean something.  As an artist, thats what I want to create someday.  Something, where people who read it will think back on it long after.. something that makes them not onlylaugh, but to cry, or get angry, to feel a full set of human emotions.  Something like that will stay with them long after the show it done.  I feel rozen maiden, and the stories like it, do that, and that is why i belive they are better then the one shot comedys.

Added after 1 hours 14 minutes:

... speaking of epic stories.. just finished fate stay night...

Im going to be depressed for a while now -_- I dislike sad endings, but on the other hand, I so do love them.  That will stay with me for some time.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Acher13

the ending was truly sad but i wont spoil it yet since most people are just started to watch it in my place. man i've done for years ago.

btw have anyone watched 'The Portrait of Cossette' / 'Le Portrait de Petit Cossette'?
its also a stories about living artwork, where the original painter for the portrait fell in love with his drawing and going mad to kill his own fiance (the model for the portrait)....
more detail: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2908

Icelilly

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"in america at least.. there is only 2 discs out so far.. but they are coming out reguraly.. shouldnt be too hard
you could just cross the border and get some
Sweet! ^.^

Watched some Pokemon D/P last night. The Japanese version of course. ^_~

NejinOniwa

I don't think any LS discs are out so far, even in japan. All there is are the fansubs, for now.

And GJ Ice-san! Ya gotta tell me where to get those - I completely suck at finding poky fansubs.

And the RM/LS debate, whatever. I'm a bit busy right now so all i can say is that being completely unbiased is not within the sphere of possibilities for the human race anyway.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Icelilly

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"And GJ Ice-san! Ya gotta tell me where to get those - I completely suck at finding poky fansubs.
To be honset, I downloaded them off YouTube (YES. THERE IS A WAY.). But they aren't the full episodes. I only have short battle clips of Satoshi VS Natane, Some random moments, and a scene where Hikari's Pachirisu is making her mad. XD

NejinOniwa

Oooh, zannen da ^^

(and for DLing off YT, I use UnPlug)

I'll see if I get any good PM subs swung my way then...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Icelilly

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Oooh, zannen da ^^

(and for DLing off YT, I use UnPlug)

I'll see if I get any good PM subs swung my way then...
The ones I get don't have subtitles so I really don't know what they're saying XD But it's well worth the download! ^-^