What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

QuoteI didnt see my neighbor totoro till highschool sophmore year in japanese class. I was hooked long before it but I still picked it up for my collection. If god forbid I ever fail to pull out in time and have kids, it will be a good one for them to watch.

Consider how lucky you are that your high school has a Japanese class! All we have is Chinese...

...before I forget, C-Chan was in a commercial for a product that might help you!

Xeon

I have a question for you all though, what was the thing that got you into anime (Series, Movie. Etc.)? For me, when I was around 7 years old, my mom and dad bought Hiyao Miyazaki's "My Neighbor Totoro." I loved the movie and watched it quite literally 100 times.
The first anime i watched was pokemon that didn't got me hooked on anime though *since i didn't even knew pokemon was an anime back then* then when i was 7 my bro bought the entire DVD set of neon genesis evengelion *i got exposed to ecchi and violence at a tender age neee? :3* and then i was hooked on anime.

QuoteAhhh, Pokemon. Sometimes I'll watch cause it's kinda nostalgic for me (even though I'm fairly young...XD) I still have a huge collection of the cards!
I also still have my old pokemon cards *ahhh youth*.although i did threw away all the energy cards,while the rest are stored in a special card case made by my bro from cardboard cotton and other things ^_^.

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

zjhentohlauedy

pokemon, i never really started or finished the show. just random episodes when i see it on cartoon network.

I never really did get that much involved with pokemon although some of my friends are big fans.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Bella

I just saw the first three episodes of Haibane Renmei...It's excellent!

Oi...that first episode was kinda (excuse me, very) painful >__< And melancholic...but it ended on a good note and picked up from there!

Just the whole, nobody can leave the town premise, reminds me a little of that M. Night Shyamalan movie The Village XD

Tsubashi

Ah, Haibane Renmei. I loved that series. Used to own it until they got lost in the move... T_T
*Sadness*

Still, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to hear what you think of the series once you've reached the end. It has a very good storyline, IMHO and lots of symbology! ^-^

As for me? Well, I usually only have time to watch a few episodes a week, but Friend-with-editing-software whom I mentioned in the Word Association Thread worked really hard and gave me edited versions of Mahoromatic (S1 and S2, what ever that means ^^')
So I started watching, and... well... it's a captivating storyline ^^'
Basically I ended up watching seven hours worth in two and one half days, and uncommon occurrence for me. ^-^'

Lots of fun, I liked it a lot (though the editing was noticeable, probably not safe for work ^^') Minawa-chan is sooooooooooo Kawaii!
Typical GAINAX story, focusing on the inevitable romance, with a ending that just feels rushed. Still, all in all, I liked it alot!
-Tsu

C-Chan

*hugs Bella-san*

Finally!  You're officially One Of Us.  ^.^

At least now you know where I got the inspiration for the "Binteji Renmei".  ^___^

Silentbob

Oh indeed. Haibane Renmei is one of my favourite animes, I don't think I've ever been so moved and turned upside/down-inside/out by an anime before.  It's one of those series that stick with you for a long time.  ;171

Bella

OMG  ;019

Usually I'm not one for marathons, but I had to see how Haibane Renmei turned out!
It ran the gamut of melancholy/uplifting/painful/funny/dark/happy.
There were some light moments where I had to laugh but it wasn't really funny, per se...(I guess it was more like bittersweet).

Excellent...Just bring a few tissues while watching it :..)

zjhentohlauedy

i almost watched it before, but i stopped after the first episode. maybe i'll watch it sometime soon.

Bella

Today was kinda hot/rainy here so I mostly stayed indoors and watched some stuff on YouTube.

I saw a couple episodes of Lucky Star; It's funny in a very odd way...

And I watched some of the first ep of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; to be honest, but I didn't get to watch the whole thing, so I don't really know what I think XD

Green

azumanga daioh and outlaw star
Taste the power of randommness!

Lovee

now i'm watching lucky star, sola, hayate no gotoku and seto no hanayome
and lso i'd like to watch clannad TV version and also moe-tan and higurashi no naku koro ni of new anime in june

zjhentohlauedy

me watching Asatte no Houkou....

Bella

Oh my Haruhi!

I've figured out the episode order to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I watched to episode #14 (the sixth episode). *Now* it makes sense, heehee.

I really like this show now! When I watched episode #1 a few days back I really didn't have an idea what was going on.

Am I terrible for laughing at Mikuru during some of those...erm...scenes? XD

And one of my favorite characters is Yuki. I like how she's very quiet and unassuming when nothing is going on...and then when it starts to hit the fan, she can figure out the situation.

And did anyone notice that their club computer runs Windows XP!

UltZero

Quote from: "Bella"
Am I terrible for laughing at Mikuru during some of those...erm...scenes? XD

No, I believe many people had the same response. I know I did at least.
Quote from: "Bella"
And did anyone notice that their club computer runs Windows XP!

Indeed I did.

That aside, I just finished the Death Note anime, and now I'm back watching Lucky Star. Always watching that torrent page, downloading the torrent as soon as it shows up, and then proceeding to watch the episode...