What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exa

Quote from: "Spysweeper"I just watch an new anime called  Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho If you haven't seen it you must very very very very good.

And what's it about? A little description could clear my mind. And if it worth watching , I could put it on my "need to watch" list.

Spysweeper

Quote from: "Exa"
Quote from: "Spysweeper"I just watch an new anime called  Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho If you haven't seen it you must very very very very good.

And what's it about? A little description could clear my mind. And if it worth watching , I could put it on my "need to watch" list.

heres a link to the site http://www.majin.tv/

he story takes place in Shinjuku, Tokyo.

In spring, a mysterious student transfers to Magami Academy. His name is Hiyu Tatsuma. Then, he meets Horaiji Kyoichi of the kendo club, Daigo Yuya of the wresting club, Sakurai Komaki of the kyudo (Japanese archery) club, and Misato Aoki who is the student leader, as if they were attracted by something. Being influenced by Ryumyaku or Dragon Vein, which became active suddenly, they are awakened as ââ,¬Å"persons who posses powersââ,¬Â. Since that day, monsters called ââ,¬Å"Oniââ,¬Â appear and begin to assault Tokyo. Also, those who use evil power to control Oni appear. To protect Tokyo from them, Tatsuma and his friend stand up to fight. Then, they have to face their destinyââ,¬Â¦.

Exa

Quote from: "Spysweeper"
he story takes place in Shinjuku, Tokyo.

In spring, a mysterious student transfers to Magami Academy. His name is Hiyu Tatsuma. Then, he meets Horaiji Kyoichi of the kendo club, Daigo Yuya of the wresting club, Sakurai Komaki of the kyudo (Japanese archery) club, and Misato Aoki who is the student leader, as if they were attracted by something. Being influenced by Ryumyaku or Dragon Vein, which became active suddenly, they are awakened as ââ,¬Å"persons who posses powersââ,¬Â. Since that day, monsters called ââ,¬Å"Oniââ,¬Â appear and begin to assault Tokyo. Also, those who use evil power to control Oni appear. To protect Tokyo from them, Tatsuma and his friend stand up to fight. Then, they have to face their destinyââ,¬Â¦.

Hm... it sounds interesting... Dragon Vein,  Ã¢â,¬Å"persons who posses powersââ,¬Â  Oni...

MisterCat

For the past ten years I've been interested in Shinpi no Sekai El Hazard, but until yesterday I never had an opportunity to watch it.  This series was released in 1995 and was directed by Hiroki Hayashi.

Over the years I'd read dozens of articles, viewed squillions of images and had come to know the characters as well as the story.  But, of course, an anime series needs to be screened; and so I bought a digital versatile disk box set containing the four distinct El-Hazard series.

Yesterday, in one sitting, I screened the original animation video Shinpi no Sekai El Hazard ââ,¬â€ the seven-episode series titled El-Hazard:  The Magnificent World in the U.S.  In my view, it's excellent:  a good story, interesting characters, witty dialog, amusing subtext and catchy music.

The main lesson for me was that people who write anime-series reviews tend to form a consensus regarding a series; and over time that consensus sinks into the realm of repetitive clichés.  In other words, don't believe the bullshit ââ,¬â€ mine or anyone else's ââ,¬â€ but view the series with an open mind.

For example, I'd become convinced that the character Alielle did nothing but run around in a permanent state of heat pining for her absent lover Princess Fatora of Roshtaria; but it turns out that in addition to clamping onto whichever good-looking girl happens to be present, Alielle demonstrates a high degree of insight and knowledge ââ,¬â€ no matter the subject.  This little gal is a veritable encyclopedia, a fact which seems to have escaped the review-writing crowd's notice.

Another pleasant surprise was Shayla-Shayla, Priestess of Fire.  The reviewers correctly pointed out, over the past decade, that Shayla has a short fuse; but what they didn't bother mentioning was the fact she's hilariously witty.  She's also the best drinking buddy a person could ever hope for.

Later today I'm going to screen El-Hazard:  The Magnificent World 2, released in 1997 and directed by Yoshiaki Iwasaki.  But let me strongly suggest that you screen the original animation video Shinpi no Sekai El Hazard, as I found it to be totally captivating and entertaining!

Here's one link to more information:  El-Hazard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Here's another, in my view superior, link:  El-Hazard Online

;019

=^..^=

SleepyD

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: I'll look into it.  It seems to already have a following due to the games....

El-Hazard: ah, one of the older ones I've heard so much about but never watched.....

And for everyone else, if you haven't watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, you really should.  I freaked out a few young relatives of mine at Christmas and now they're probably spreading the word. XD

Nidas

Quote from: "SleepyD"And for everyone else, if you haven't watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, you really should.  I freaked out a few young relatives of mine at Christmas and now they're probably spreading the word. XD

great series that :D Rika ftw >:3 That reminds me, I need to get back on with reading the manga

CaptBrenden

-_- i just started watching naruto.. i honestly cant see what the big deal is so far...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

CyberRamses

I'm actually watching Death Note, Bleach, One Piece, Jigoku Shoujo, Nana and Busou Renkin.

CaptBrenden

i love bleach, it starts out slow but it gets really good
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Nidas

Well I WAS watching Futakoi Alternative until there was a translators note and I realised I was actually watching a sequel to another season -_- Sadly when I watched the first ep of Futakoi Original it turned out to be a yawn-inducing harem anime. Back to Futakoi Alternative for me :D

About Naruto, I watched one ep of that and gave up. It basically seemed like Pokemon but without Brock. And we all know Brock was the only thing that made Pokemon worthwhile ;)

Spysweeper

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"-_- i just started watching naruto.. i honestly cant see what the big deal is so far...

Keep watch what part are you on the begining is really slow it's gets just as good as bleach does.

s8man

Quote from: "Spysweeper"Keep watch what part are you on the begining is really slow it's gets just as good as bleach does.

Bleach: that's what I'm watching at the moment. Everyone says it has a slow start but, tbh, I was pretty into it after just a few episodes. I liked the bits where Rukia and Ichigo were both out an' about clearing up Hollows. But meh, just me.
'Tis good anyway. Though just about to start on the filler material, so I hope that doesn't mean a huge nosedive... ;014

KuroKyosuke

Currently Watching:
- Code Geass
- D.Gray-man
- Eyeshield 21
- Galaxy Angel Rune (Where are the fansubs? I want my Apricot  T_T)
- Prince of Tennis
- Sumomomo Momomo
- Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
I want to watch Death Note, but I like the live-action movie more than the anime. Don't ask why.  <.<

zjhentohlauedy

Well i stopped watching bleach and naruto a few months back, maybe i just got tired of watching. it'll take some time before i continue both.

Many Thanks to Nidas and C-Chan
i looked into ergo proxy and rozen maiden and both looked very interesting. i'll be watching both in a few weeks i just have to finish my work.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Spysweeper

yeah rozen maiden was good you should also check out a new anime that is similar to os-tan it's about girls that fly with air plain parts as their legs.

http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/ here's alink to the site.