Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I that's annoying too, and while at times shit happens, sometimes crashes and other problems are due to not taking care of one's computer/OS properly and not using commonsense, leading to viruses,etc. and it's easier to blame an easy scapegoat than realizing one's screwups and take responsibility. That so many of the Mac's issues are involved somehow is an inevitable downside to using any kind of proprietary system.

stewartsage

I realize this Kari (even though I counted 26), but it works better directly quoting the video.

WINDOWS V. MAC

Red-Machine

Amiga FTW.  'Nuff said.

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Kraus

True Amiga is a great one.

Aurora Borealis

Chocofreak13

amiga = win. <3

and as for windows -vs- mac, i prefer windows, for a few reasons:

~personal preference.
~nostalgia.
~easier access.
~familiarity.
~cost.
~wider range of programs.

one of the things that's always bothered me about mac is that for the same price you're paying for a mac, you can get a PC with double the power. :\
i've only purchased one mac in my lifetime, my ipod, and even then i got it from a costco. :\ (saved about 50 bucks.)

my dinner tasted funny.....so i'm probably gonna have pizza again. this will mean that i've had pizza for three meals today. :\

part of me wants oatmeal....
click to make it bigger

Bella

DUDE! I was just saying that I gushingly love Macs and Apple and Radiohead, so seeing the leadman of Radiohead with an Apple sticker on his guitar and hearing he's a huge Mac fan... oh screw it.

Amiga's are one of those computer systems I've never wanted to try, own, use or advocate... no idea why, it's a great system and all but I just don't like them. Or dislike them. Totally neutral.

I like Macs because of OSX, which is a BSD, which one of the more powerful forms of Unix, which is a Multics descendant. I dislike Windows because, outside of a retrocomputing standpoint, Windows computers have hurt me all my life. =.=

Chocofreak13

eh, when you take a neutral standpoint, i can understand why you don't like windows. it's like my friend's boyfriend jeff: if he so much as TOUCHES a windows computer it crashes. we can't figure out why. :\

my main anti-mac standpoint is cost, though i have recently developed a new anti-mac point because of my school: i have yet to find a windows computer on campus. it's not directly said, but it's heavily implied that we should be using a mac (me, one of my friends, and maybe 2 other people i've seen use computers that aren't mac). all the labs are macs, it's a sea of white. .___.; it's upsetting since the school is trying to take away our choice, and i can barely navigate a mac so i get confused when i try to do stuff. then i feel stupid cause everyone stares when i get frustrated. ;___;

i guess i don't hate macs for that reason, but the school. although the incompatibility with windows files leaves me with my new catchphrase:
"fricken macs!"

i'd like a pet mac, but i don't want to pay for it, since it'd be a pet.
a hackintosh might be fun *w*
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"
i'd like a pet mac, but i don't want to pay for it, since it'd be a pet.
I have a Power Mac G4 searching for a good home, I could give it to ya for pretty danged cheap, since I trust you'd take care of it. :)

stewartsage

Damnit people there are threads for this sort of thing aren't there?  Either way, I'm going to have to Cyrillic Bird this.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

i was gonna get you something else, but i got distracted. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

A day late and a meme short, the story of my life.

Chocofreak13

i'm assuming the guy on the end is linux? :3
click to make it bigger