Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeon

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

Chocofreak13

i loled.

and idk, is saber marionette j any good? it's one of those animes i've seen in the back of the mangas i read and always meant to get but never did .____.;

i should post a picture, but there is no tiem!!! o____o;
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

Saber Marionette J isnt good... It's awesome.

Most of it being brainless goofing around and comedy, but there is a small plot too.
Also a great cast of voice actors, the original japanese one I mean.

Of course, SMJ has Megumi Hayashibara doing Lime's voice and OP/ED singing, and Megu means automatically awesome-win.

IanDanKilmaster

I have to point out that it also depends on how you feel about harems, and what you expect of them.  This series has a lot to do with that.  I love SMJ.

After watching this, I must say that Lime is THE genki girl, as she made me realize I love them (I used dislike them to a certain extent).  I think it largely has to do with her voice actress, who, as VonDaab pointed out, is none other than the woman who also sings the OP/ED, Megumi Hayashibara.  I would also like to point out that her English counterpart is no slouch, either.  Maggie Blue O'Hara did an excellent job voicing her in the dub, I don't think anyone could have done it better.  Other than that, I'll say the dub is certainly one of the better dubs from the era it was made, but there's still problems.  All the mouth flaps match well, and most of the cast match their characters well, but there's a problem in some of the localization.  It seems like there were a few areas where they chose to take liberties with the translation, but most notable is the outright censorship that takes place in an episode much later on that ruins a joke that would've worked perfectly in English.  I'm assuming this was to make the DVD safe for the kiddies, but I can't be sure - this is a harem after all (nothing too risque, but there are the obligatory moments of fanservice).  Despite the harem comedy facade, this is loosely based around the same story as Saber Marionette R (a 3-ep OVA that came first and was particularly brutal) and does get rather serious near the end, which can be a jarring detour for the unprepared.

TL;DR - Good anime.  I bought it and I'm glad I did.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Cockleshell

thank you for the tldr
There's a goat right outside my window right now. I wish I could take a picture.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

that one is absolutely flawless, indeed...

Countering with some Shadow of Cirnobyl. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

is that from Another Dream? Also, the instructor needs to learn to gun. he makes me rage.

NejinOniwa

It is. Well, don't be too harsh on 'em, now, cap...

CaptBrenden

no one is safe from my gun rage. Amoung my touhou fanon friends most of them call me Reisen.. if not for the appropriateness of the current avatar id change my avatar to her

Speaking of that last one.. I want to get a FN Scar 16s... gonna be a while its a 2500 dollar gun... i wonder if I could write it off as a tax deduction concidering it can be concidered work related gear..

Red-Machine

^^ She is relevant to mah intrests.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

CaptBrenden

Bunny girls are always relevant to my interests.

stewartsage

The SCAR are relevant to mah interests ^^.  Not so much of a bunny girl man myself, but no complaints :D

IanDanKilmaster

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa