Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Don't forget, I also asked if he was a doggie.  ^__^
We could use more 4-legged members on this forum.  -v-

CaptBrenden

We could also use more BLTs on this forum :9
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Myrdin

ありãÅ'とうごãâ€"いまãâ,,¢Ã¯Â¼Â

いまãâ,¬ÂÃ§Å Â¬Ã£ÂËœÃ£â€šÆ'ありませんãâ,¬â€š
でもãâ,¬ÂÃ§Â§ÂÃ£ÂÂ¯Ã£ÂÂ¨Ã£ÂÂÃ£ÂÂ©Ã£ÂÂÃ£â€šÂ»Ã£Æ'³ã‚¶ãÆ'³ã‚³ã‚¦ã§ãâ,,¢Ã£â,¬â€šÃ£â,¬â,¬Ã¥Ââ€ºÃ£ÂÂ¯Ã¨Â±Å¡Ã£ÂÂ§Ã£Ââ,,¢Ã£Ââ€¹Ã£â,¬â€šÃ£â,¬â,¬
I've got a drawing of Pangolin-Myrdin lurking somewhere on my HD. I can dig it up if you'd like.
So, how big is your screen setup? Who's your favorite 何ãâ,¬â€¦Ã£Æ'¼ãŸã‚“?

SleepyD: Are you a fan? I made my avatar after seeing the storyboard for page 174. It doesn't seem possible that Joe can draw anything from them.
Alpha-Shade is one of my favorite comics.ãâ,¬â,¬It actually reminds me a little of the post-Soviet Russian "magic realism" films. I went to the SD Comic-Con as a GSE Infantryman (Lauras unit). There's a picture on their website if you look hard enough.

Megaman Z: I've already submitted an edited version of the Thunderbird/Firefox wallpaper in 1440x900. Is there an OS you are particularly fond of?

CaptBrenden

I went to the SD Comic Con as a Half Life H.E.C.T.  Marine :D  ahh good times good times.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Xorcyst

;hi  hello all hows it going? well im new here and just saying hello and so forth, dont know what to really say tho, so i guess if u really need any more pertanent info just pm me or lv a msg or add me to msn, xorcyst@shaw .ca and then we can talk even more about the abundance of random chaotic inner doings that is my cerebral creation visuals ideas and....stuff ne who, ill cya in the forums

Peace
I think out loud, therefore I\'m allowed to think

s8man

Hey all,
Seems like I ought to post here first. Only polite. Especially since I'm not a great user of internet forums in general.
I only found out about the OS-tan phenomenon a few days ago; think it's quite a nice idea, your OS anthropomophised (that a word...?) as a character. Also, frankly, less likely to scream at the thing when it goes wrong if it's depicted as a cute, benevolent girl.
So, yeah, that's why I'm here. Think they're quite sweet and endeering. Hey, one day we might all have an OS-tan desktopmate more like the one on those YouTube videos.

Anyway, sure I'll be posting around here again sometime soon.   ;171

C-Chan

Yo S8man.  YouTube Initiate too, eh?  `v'
We're gonna have to start paying them royalties, cause our membership has exploded since they appeared.  ^___^'

Quotent know what to really say tho, so i guess if u really need any more pertanent info just pm me

Well just that your Canadian is all I need to know.  ^__^
Some of the best coins in the world come from the Royal Mint!  ^v^

*sigh*

I just wish I could find my two most valued silver Canadian coins...

The 1996 20 Dollar Avro Arrow and the 2001 50 cent "Pig That Wouldn't Get Over the Stile"....  ^___^

*long siiiiiiiiigh*

Added after 12 minutes:

====================

Fortunately I managed to transliterate this with only two visits to the dictionary...
Yeah boy, I'm geting Better.  ^__^

arigatou gozaimasu!

ima, inu ja arimasen
domo, watashi wa tokidoki SENZANKOU desu.
kimi wa buta desuka?

Thank you very much!

At the moment, I'm not a dog but rather a SENZANKOU.

[I'm guessing one of those aforementioned manga references... ^^']
Are you a pig by any chance?

And to that I say, sono tori!!  ^v^

[just wish I could spell that out, but currently using my Xubuntu machine and I uninstalled japanese language support to make some space for torrents... ^^']

KuroKyosuke

Hajimemashite. KuroKyosuke desu.
- I'm currently self-learning Japanese. I've learned only a handful of Japanese phrases and words, and all Kana except for Kanji.
- I'm Canadian.
... Not really much else to say about be besides the fact I watch Anime, play video games, and use the computer a lot.
... Damn my life is boring...  >_<

Aurora Borealis

Welcome, all new members! I'm also trying to learn Japanese but I tend to forget a lot of the stuff I have learned -__-

Silentbob

Hello to Myrdin, Xorcyst and KuroKyosuke.  

I taught myself some basic moonspea... I mean, japanese back in the days, but in the past years I haven't kept up. Though I probably know enough to make an ass of myself on a night out in Tokyo or whereever, lawl.  :P    

Anyways, welcome to the forums.

Myrdin

Greetings and salutations fellow new members and thank you to the welcoming older members.

Senzankou = Pangolin. It was determined without my input that THIS is what I look like.
そのとりãâ,¬â,¬translates to... "that/the bird"? Now I'm befuddled. What's the story behind your pig avatar and title?

Moonspeak? はいãâ,¬â€šÃ¦â€"¥æÅ"¬èªžã¯ã¡ã‚‡ã£ã¨ã¸ã‚“でãâ,,¢Ã£â,¬â€š
Introducing, the moonlaut!

SleepyD

s8man, xorcyst, KuroKyo, welcomez!

And yes, Myrdin, I am an alpha shade fan.  I wish I didn't spend so much at AX06.... I could have bought a book! ;_;

Anyhoo, sonotori/sonotoori = that's right/correct or whatever sounds like that. ^^ toori, as you probably figured out, is a bird. It is also the name of the temple gates (which aren't really gates, but.... um.... you've seen them in Japanese temples) XP

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Myrdin"Greetings and salutations fellow new members and thank you to the welcoming older members.

Senzankou = Pangolin. It was determined without my input that THIS is what I look like.
そのとりãâ,¬â,¬translates to... "that/the bird"? Now I'm befuddled. What's the story behind your pig avatar and title?

Moonspeak? はいãâ,¬â€šÃ¦â€"¥æÅ"¬èªžã¯ã¡ã‚‡ã£ã¨ã¸ã‚“でãâ,,¢Ã£â,¬â€š
Introducing, the moonlaut!

Cool! I get it! The Moonlaut has the Kanji for moon but has two dots above it, like the umlaut! :D

Luckily I do know a couple Kanji and could decipher what you were saying next to the phrase "Moonspeak?" you were saying "Hai. Nihongo wa chotto hen desu." (I think. However I'm not entirely sure because Japanese doesn't have spaces so I had to kinda guess with the Hiragana but I do recognize the words "chotto", "hen" and "desu")

C-Chan

Welcome KuroKyosuke!!  ^v^

YAY!  More Canadians!  ^___^
*sniff*
It takes me back to my old CKA forum days....  -v-

*siiiiiigh*

I had a lot of fun there, but sadly it was also a magnet for trolls and flamers (and not necessarily from the locals, fyi... ^^')

QuoteWelcome, all new members! I'm also trying to learn Japanese but I tend to forget a lot of the stuff I have learned -__-

QuoteI taught myself some basic moonspea... I mean, japanese back in the days, but in the past years I haven't kept up. Though I probably know enough to make an ass of myself on a night out in Tokyo or whereever, lawl. :P

Anyways, welcome to the forums.

That's why we'll gotta help each other practice.  ^__^

I hate to tack on yet another project, but it would probably help in the long run....  -v-
But we really should seriously consider a Japanese-only thread to practice some writing, correct each other's grammar and expand our vocabulary.  ^^

QuoteSenzankou = Pangolin. It was determined without my input that  THIS is what I look like.

OH-MY-GAWD!!!!!  @__@
THAT THING LOOKS LIKE IT LIKES PORK!!!!!!  @________@'

Quoteそのとりãâ,¬â,¬translates to... "that/the bird"? Now I'm befuddled. What's the story behind your pig avatar and title?

QuoteAnyhoo, sonotori/sonotoori = that's right/correct or whatever sounds like that. ^^ toori, as you probably figured out, is a bird. It is also the name of the temple gates (which aren't really gates, but.... um.... you've seen them in Japanese temples) XP

Well the 'sono tori' part is just as SleepyD said.  ^__^
I just separated the 'sono' from the 'tori' because I wrote my response at 152 words per second (=I was in a hurry and goofed... ^^').

Pig avatar changes frequently, and usually involves me being cuddled by a beautiful and/or cute woman.  ^__^

The pig itself has a long history stretching back to my pre-Anime days -- but the short-n-sweet of it is that "C-chan" is a Spanish-derived version of "P-chan", partly because the name was inspired by P-chan.  ^^'

ãÆ'“ãÆ'³ãÆ'†ãÆ'¼ã‚¸ éâ,¬Â£Ã§â€ºÅ¸?

Why that so happens to be the Binteji Renmei, or roughly transliterated to the "Vintage Federation".  ^__^
Too bad you arrived right after I changed my signature, cause the old one would've given a big hint at what that is....  ^___^

But for the full scoop, please visit their Annex section..... -v-

http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?p=6102#6102

...soon to be migrated to the OS-tan Wiki!  ^v^

OTGX

Wow! just two days i didn't visit here, there are a lot of new members; anyway Welcome!

OFF(*C-Chan*  Nah, not even close ^,^ anyway here's a clue: Asia)

Japanese!? I would love to study too ^-' but no chance to touch it yet -_-!