Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

I'm lost, what are we talking about?

And to new members: Welcome. To the woooooorld of tomorrow!

Cockleshell

Quote from: "Dragonbait"*Deadpan.*  There's a lot of love in this guild, I can tell.

Quote from: "Cockleshell"°o° gaiaturds galore
shoo, shoo, back to the GD with you all
Wait, you know about the GD?  You must have been there a time or two.  Hmm ...  ;013
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

CaptBrenden

Quote from: "Dragonbait"*Deadpan.*  There's a lot of love in this guild, I can tell.

Im very sorry, thats one of the things I plan to work on. Please tollerate the rudeness for now.

Quote from: "stewartsage"I'm lost, what are we talking about?

And to new members: Welcome. To the woooooorld of tomorrow!

XD Oh god, now I have to go watch some Futurama
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Unspoken rule #? perhaps - do not mention whatever other websites you frequent or have frequented first thing you do, maybe? ^^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

Better, dont be rude to newcomers and welcome them?  Part of the member intoduction thread is letting members introduce themselves, part of which if they so choose is letting people know what kinds of sites they go to.  

No, the problem is people being rude in return. Rather then unspoken rules, heres one from the terms of service:
QuoteYou agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Its fine to disagree with someone, but being rude and abusive about it is not.  I would like to regain our repuation for having friendly welcoming forum members with a warmhearted openminded atmosphere.

That being said *bows* Welcome all new members. I am your local friendly forums moderator/administrator. Please have and excellent stay and help us contribute to the OS-tan fandom. Also, observe our rules or I will bring my vengence down upon thee.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Dragonbait

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

Im very sorry, thats one of the things I plan to work on. Please tollerate the rudeness for now.
*Waves a hand dismissively.* I have that effect on people; I'm used to it.  I don't try to alienate people ... it's just a side-effect of breathing.  Besides, over on that other not-to-be-named website, I'm a guild captain myself; I know how it is when a newcomer shows up.  There's always a low-level hazing for a while before people get used to the newbie.
Yes, I\'m a Gaian.  :smoke: All flames shall be used to light cigarettes.

NejinOniwa

Hey, not that I disagree with not being rude against newcomers, but observant actions would be wise on their part as well, so to speak. Or, as we say, Lurk@Moar, to some degree.

In any case, this is your resident forum I-have-so-many-titles-made-up-and-given-to-me-by-now-I'm-not-even-gonna-try-to-decide-which-one-to-use-here and I will eat your flesh raw, unless you hand me a frying pan (upon which you, of course, will be grilled).
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

Quote from: "Capie"XD Oh god, now I have to go watch some Futurama

As intended :D

Its always good to have new meat around.  Work hard, integrate yourself into OSC culture, ???, and Profit.  If you survive Nej of course.  (P.S. Take a look at some of the vintage-tans, you won't be disappointed)

IanDanKilmaster

Respect, Dragon, respect.

I'd be very glad to have you become a part of our community.

The Choice of a New Generation.

zjhentohlauedy

Hi everyone. i'm new here and i would like to join.

please take care of me ^____^
My my, aren't you lovely~

IanDanKilmaster

That's a face we haven't seen in awhile, welcome back!

The Choice of a New Generation.

zjhentohlauedy

hehe. i miss this old place :3

it was my first ever forum.

Chocofreak13

*hug the panda*

and dragon, like i said, just try not to earn any animocity, and you'll do fine. if master doesn't fry and eat you first. :3
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

*hugs back*

^___^

thanks for the warm welcome :3

Chocofreak13

np. you're not new though, so what of your life before you left?
click to make it bigger