Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Yeah, Welcome House.
Have the same problem here, to aa lesser degree, (1680x1050 is the max my monitor can handle, though i did once have one that went up to 2048x1536 ;010) but there's not much we can do about it, since we're just a little site, not some big company like EA with lots of pro artists...^_^

Anyway, i hope you have a good time here...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Kiso

Well, Somkey, you need not to be a pro to make a wallpaper... you just need to have knowledge in image editing and a software to back it up. I think I can whip up some wallpapers for you guys. I used to do avatars and sig banners, but that was a long time ago, so don't expect anything good out of me. Then there's the possibility of me not having all the free time that I used to have back then... I do have to do schoolwork (although it's usually something I leave to manage in-campus).

Added after 59 seconds:

Oh, and... hello there HouseMD, welcome to the OSC nuthouse.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Ryochu

Hellllo, Ryochu speaking~

Hajimemashita~ It's a pleasure to meet you all :3~! (<--Redundant >_>; ) Real name is Kevin from the US, I enjoy playing various games such as the Smash Bros series and the infamous Steam games. I enjoy the j-pop/k-pop, underground hip hop and I absolutely adore my piano. I've been spending the summer so far doing...nothing, basically. I hope that I can be a part of your nice community :] Regards.

-kevin

Smokey

Sure, sure, by all means... Welcome and have a good time here... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Nico The Hacker

Welcome to this place Ryochu (even though I'm not so often online here ehehe=^^;= )

Shuuko

Hi, I'm Shuu (Well username/nickname o-o), I use RiscOS and Windows and like gaming and whatnot. So yah hi o-o;

Smokey

Well, hi Shuu...
What system are you using if you're running RiscOS?
Sorry i'm a bit of a hardwarefreak.... ^_^

Anyways, welcome to the forum...
Thanks Fedora-sama

OS Freak

Smokey likes hardware ehh?. I got a question, My baby homeko is 512mb in ram can I buy another ddr3 512mb ram for her to reach 1 gb without any problems right? Just open her put the card in the empty ram slot and were good to go. (after the PC recognizes it as a new hardware piece)
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Smokey

That depends on the mainboard you're using... If you open up your case and look at the mainboard there should be a type (-number) printed on the board, usually between two PCI(e) slots...
If i know what mainboard you have i can tell you what kind of RAM it supports...(DDR3 is only supported by late generations of mainboard, before that was DDR2 and -fairly obviously- before that DDR and SDRAM, those types of RAM are not interchangeable... Plus if you ever want to install more than 3GB of RAM you need an x64 processor and also a 64-bit OS...)

But if you have the right type of RAM adding another 512MB would do your PC good, even with XP... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

OS Freak

My mother board was changed the last time on 2006. I opened her several times and the ram card says the letters DDR3. I strongly believe she is because I had a DDR2 ram card and it doesn't fit in my motherboard slot. Aparently she asks for another DDR3 ram.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Smokey

oh, in that case; By all means, do drop an extra bank in there...
but then i guess you have an Intel system (just realized Intel has been using DDR3 a bit longer than AMD ^_^)
Thanks Fedora-sama

OS Freak

Yep it's an Intel Celeron one.

IanDanKilmaster

You know you guys could've just started a topic in General Computers & Gaming for this. -__-;

I'm not just trying to be OT police here, I genuinely believe other people could benefit from this knowledge, and I doubt anyone would be looking in the Member Intro for such advice.

The Choice of a New Generation.

OS Freak

It just came spontaneous so I did use the moment for a tiny question I had.

IanDanKilmaster

I get that.  Pardon if I came off as rude, I was just wanting to point out that we've had others asking similar questions that might've been helped by this.

The Choice of a New Generation.