Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Also don't make the sentient computers too smart and be sure to install fail-safes so there won't be robot uprisings!

Uhh... Welcome, MajesticS! ;hi

OS Freak

Yep. Hybrids like in Terminator 4.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

NejinOniwa

That market is mine, and mine alone.
I claim it, for none else to lay hands upon.
Its domain is my dominion, its fruits my property.

Humans stand aside, reach not out to meet it.
You are not prepared to see anything beyond the light.

Those who have only ever seen the light as a friend cannot possibly understand having it as an enemy.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

OS Freak

Beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

NejinOniwa

It isn't beauty.
It's simply truth.
The written future.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

MajesticS

QuoteThose who have only ever seen the light as a friend cannot possibly understand having it as an enemy.

Light as a friend? Oh no, no, you're mistaken; you're too mistaken to blame myself on naivety or being friend with light and good. You see, from all the world's literature my favorite character is Bulgakov's Voland: "I'm the force which does evil, meaning only good." When I say that I am into transhumanism to evolve and therefore save people, it won't mean that I'm planing to be pleasant with them. People are usually resist changes, especially those did for their own good. As a student of sociology I understand that with modern political and economical system such changes like those promised by trans- technology won't be met with open hands and it should be established by force... Since no businessman who controls the oil market would allow a scientist to invent a pollution-free drive because it will disrupt his business activities... So, "light" is my enemy as well: meaning the "light" as a "common good". In eyes of common average citizen I'm a rebel, evil and twisted; evil they call us - evil we are, the servants of technocratic dark.

QuoteThat market is mine, and mine alone. I claim it, for none else to lay hands upon.

As for your will to claim all the benefits alone... Well, I respect it, for I was just like that - self-sufficient, secluded in my thoughts and ideas, misantropist who would like to dominate over world's riches. It's natural for human - or even transhuman being - to seek for power.

What I may tell about you that you're the follower of "transcendental transhumanism" - [ > h ] - which means that machine augmentations to human being will be dominating his human nature. It's a respective yet dangerous branch of ideology, authoritarian as it is. And I am the follower of "cooperative transhumanism" - [ h + ] - which declares that human and machine should be equal in their rights, without any of them surpassing the other, for disbalance should lead to misunderstanding, which is the basis of hatred and wars alike...

But anyway, I wish you luck on your way of things. Who cares how this world will end up - in techno-democracy or totalitarist rule of machines? It would be fun and interesting anyway. Well, NejinOniwa-senpai, take care, I guess.

-----------------

Everyone, let's stop the conversation on this topic, for it surpasses the boundaries of offtopic; that's the topic for introduction, not discussion of transhumanism or myself. All those who want to engage in dispute with me over these topics - I would be glad if you created a special thread for this.

OS Freak

I agree I don't understand a thing myself about trans. Anyway just welcome to our humble abode.

Seamore

Well, welcome majesticS, hope you can have fun in here and uh... share your point of view in this forum.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Smokey

Hmm in the spirit of:

Quote from: "Someone (I)"If you call it evil, the things I do, then evil I be..
I mean only to do good and be remembered as such, even if I have to force it upon thee...

No?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

OS Freak

Is it me or this seems a little quiet?

Smokey

Yeah it died down a bit...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

OS Freak

Don't worry what goes around comes around. so as they dissapear they appear lol. I'm bad with sayings. I twist them.

HouseMD

Hello everybody ;)

I'm a french visitor, 25 years-old guy...

How dare did I found this site? A news from pcinpact.com was using a drawing from an OS-tan yesterday, and I found it funny and pretty cool... So I did a search to find out more about these cute images representing the OSes... ;)

What about me? So I'm a bored flight attendant, waiting to switch for a new work, about computers... Macintosh specifically ;)

And... just a question : why there's no picture bigger than 1024x768 in desktops? I'm working on a MacBook Pro 17" Unibody, and it's 1920x1200 so... oooops ^^"

P.S. : I'm sorry if I make some errors, my english is a little bit rusty ;)

OS Freak

Welcome house MD. Here you will find almost all of the OS around the world ported to cute or funny drawings. You'll be able to learn about them and also you will interact with us and make some new friends.

Hmm Machintosh problems. I'm a recently graduated information and enterprise administrator. I plan to add computer technician to that tittle soon. I'm slightly fixing computers but yet I cannot take customers since I lack any tools to do so, example, spare parts for pc, installation cds and screwdrivers and tools to do it all. But I pretty much know more than an average user. I'm a Windows user/future technician so I cannot help you in a wallpaper about that size, thou I have some that need IE to scroll down and right because they are inmense. I do not know how to stretch a picture in the background on a Mac. Perhaps someone else user of a Mac might help you find a pic make you one or tell you how to resize it.

IanDanKilmaster

Welcome House, with that sn, I know at least a couple of people here you should get along with just fine.

The only reason I think wallpapers are usually no bigger than 1024x768 is because that's kind of standard.  It seems to me that widescreen resolutions vary a lot and 1024x768 tends to be common.  Although, I have noticed more and more widescreen wallpapers being made (not here obviously).  As OS Freak said, you may just have to stick to scaling the wallpaper, hopefully the reduction in quality won't be too noticeable ^^;.

The Choice of a New Generation.