Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I was referring to my country there, actually, but naturally the same holds true for the forum members...albeit in a much, much higher grade.

And those WiFi shirts are just pure awesome. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Justin

Sweden? Yep, you have TPB and generally loose piracy laws. :)

JA8956 / Patrick

hello Zilka, nice that you found the way to this nice comunity.

PS i use win vista64bit
and a other tip
if you want to find other vista users look at the Hardware & Computers threat

iDarbert

Quote from: "Zilka"Except for the problem there's no ready-made animation frames for any Os-tan (even Vis-tan, in fact, for now) out there, there's also the technical problem. My requirements are that an image of arbitrary shape and transparency is displayed and updated on top of the desktop. I discovered that Vista sidebar provides the right framework to achieve this. So what other options are out there? Let's talk about Windows first. Say XP, the closest relative. Graphics for every window are treated differently there - XP wasn't made to support transparency between different window layers and alpha-blending such as in Winamp doesn't come easy. As for other platforms I don't even know if they support transparency between windows or how to code it and test it. Maybe these FOSS zealots could make themselves useful and enlighten me?
Basically my conclusion is that this kind of program will be very hard (or impossible) to be made cross-platform.
All I can do is share the algorithms behind the Assistant behaviour with whoever decides to make one for a different OS.. once I finish this one.

So are you in Stockholm right now? I'm here visiting my parents. Yes its very boring here. At least I have access to internet...
Hmmaybe I can help.
Are you interested in displaying translucent graphics on the screen without any window of some sort (a-la sidebar gadgets)? Or just translucent windows?

NekOSaka

I welcome those who are new or at least joined since I've been on leave from sanity, the net, and free time.

You don't get the sanity back after the leave either...

NejinOniwa

IS DAT SUM NEKOSAKA?
CUZ I'D TAP THAT

NekOSaka

We all would Nejin, we all would...

XP

NejinOniwa

..::HTMLCODER.exe::..

And not to mention that the user with the best broadband (40 gigabit/s) lives in Sweden! (i live in Norway)

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "..::HTMLCODER.exe::.."And not to mention that the user with the best broadband (40 gigabit/s) lives in Sweden! (i live in Norway)

Indeed! But this topic makes me jealous. It'd sooooo rock for torrents!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Mereck

Hi everybody (well at least those who will read this ^^)

I'm Mereck, from France, I discovered this forum allong with recently discovering the OS-tan. Since it combine my geekiness and my tastes for anime/manga, I immediatly became fan of those little tan ^^
And I particularly like the distance we can take from the serious work with those little kawaii OS (since I'm working in the IT...)

I'm currently having a Vis-tan and an XP-tan (the last one is ill, poor her ;_; ). Since I'm trying to learn japanese (all by myself... quite hard), I'll see if I can get some OS-tan comics translated... when I'll have the level (call me in about 2 or 3 years ^^)
And that's all I think.

Just one last thing, sorry for my english... french people suck when they are using english...

VonDaab

Salut, Mereck!

Welcome to OSC and enjoy your stay.

NejinOniwa

QuoteIndeed! But this topic makes me jealous. It'd sooooo rock for torrents!
Actually, now that DC++ has implemented a block function too, I can download the entire LOTR DVD box set in under half an hour (given that my 100Mbit uplink works). Now THAT's awesome.

And ahoy, Mereck! Firstly let me tell you - there are lots worse cases of bad english. Your own is well above "comprehensible", almost reaching up to "correct" on the grammar nazi scale. And at least, you don't use damn Babelfish for translating. That's when you need to improve your language skills >_>

And welcome, as well. Hope you get your computer up to speed ^^ And on your efforts of learning japanese, I'd say; simply watch lots of anime. LOTS of it. And watch with english subs as well. That way you learn TWO languages. Banzai. Resident Ninja Pirate welcomes you.

Mereck

Thanks you two.

And more than that Nejin, I do not limit myself to watching anime, I am a translator for a fansub team ^^

It sure helps a lot... now I can pick up some word from the japanese exposants at the Japan Expo (currently in Paris ^^)

NejinOniwa

My, my! Now you're getting somewhere, aren't you?

Anyways, I've got a new computer to fawn over. Rawr.

//N