Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Um,... just to clarify,....

This is the place to ask.....  ^____________^;

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-352-260.html

Shateiel

Wow, thanks for all the help and suggestions! I'll work on trying all of those suggestions and I'll tell you if it works. If it doesn't, you'll still hear from me again because I'll be asking for help. ^-^

Lovee

well we're waiting for your news Shateiel-san^ ^Good Luck^ ^

grant_p

Hi, everybody, I just found this forum recently, and it's halarious!  I've been aware of the OS-tans for a while now, but this is the first big forum I've seen on them, and had to join in.  I run a dual boot XP/Ubuntu 7.04 system, which has a REAL split personality as it has two separate hard drives, one for each system.  I find this is easier to deal with then partitioning, and lets me back up my essentials to two different OS's, so if something kills one off, I still have the other.

My first post is here:
http://ostan-collections.net/post-30549.html#30549
pretty much my take on, what if Vista was really just a victim in all of this, rather then the evil that lurks within that she seems to be getting billed as?

Though I do have to say that I use OpenOffice rather then 'upgrade' to Word 2007, and have avoided IE7, if that tells you anything...

CaptBrenden

T_T your linux peddling shall not be tollerated in this thread.  you will have to lure them into the linux threads with promises of free candy.

that is all.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

grant_p

Don't worry, it's not Linux peddling, I actually use Op.Office under WINDOWS.  Mostly for the Palm-Doc and PDF exporting.  I am one of those black sheep who actually like and use BOTH XP and Linux, and as such, am shunned by both communities...

C-Chan

*leers at Captain*  T__T

What a way to make a Brother feel welcomed....  -v-

*sigh*

....Amateur  -.-

Here, this is how it's done..... ^___^

*slides over to Grant_P*

Howdy Pilgrim and fellow *Buntu user.

Welcome to our forum!  ^__^

Don't mind the dancing Mini Windows 3.1-sama,... If ya head over to our Tech threads, you'll find lots of individuals ready and willing to discuss Open Source alternatives.  ^__^

http://ostan-collections.net/forum-11.html

And although I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, I promise to read through your Vista idea over at the OS-tan thread.  Seems interesting, but more so since this presents an excellent opportunity for you to draw.  ^__~

(Even if you claim to have less-than-average drawing skills, we generally don't take that as an excuse.  All artists of all kinds are welcomed here!  ^v^)

Please enjoy your stay!  ^.^

Oh, and you won't get any shunning on my part, since I virtualize Windows myself.   (cause sadly, they don't make "Human Japanese" for Mac or Linux....)  ^.^

NejinOniwa

Oi, cappy, that's mean! Do NOT eat the newcomers, okayssu? They don't come with ketchup by default, ya know!  ;070
Oh anywayssu...^^
Welcome to our quarters, Grant-ssu! And don't worry, I plan on fixing up a dual-boot between Kubuntu and XP once i get my new, big and savvy 500gb HDD, so you're not alone by any means. ^^ Nice idea over in the art thread btw, I might join in if i get time. (and believe me, despite me not having all that good art skills myself i was fukken surprised at how much i can do once i tried for real, so don't be shy!)
Oh and also, I know that one can mount NTFS partitions under linuces - which you've prolly done - but do you know of any way of mounting foreign file systems in XP? Through CMD then, I mean, there might be some handy function M$ has left intact from its UNIX base.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

grant_p

Don't worry!  I thought it was a joke!  Considering how 'free candy' IS one of the many terms people use with Linux...

And as far as mounting foreign partitions, there's several ways, but I've never personally done them...I've actually avoided having my two drives write to each other, because sometimes things break that way.  I just use a thumb drive, that I can scan on both ends.

Kami-Tux

I hope the candy is free/libre/opensource :)

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

CaptBrenden

that candy dosnt sound very tasty.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

FFViper

I'm back... after being inactive for like...  lets just say too long.  Sorry for disappearing!

Dorktron2006

uhh...hi
yeah...don't know what to really say except that i like anime, manga, and video games

Silentbob

Welcome back FFViper!

And welcome to the forums, Grantp and Dorktron2006!

Bella

Hello Dorktron2006 and grant_p!

QuoteI am one of those black sheep who actually like and use BOTH XP and Linux, and as such, am shunned by both communities..

Another Black Sheep here ;hi I've just started to use Linux (mostly Puppy, with a little experimentation with Zenwalk) on an old machine that was lying around. I use XP of my other computers, though, and believe it is the best version of Windows ever made ;010

QuoteUm,... just to clarify,....

This is the place to ask..... ^____________^;

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-352-260.html

'Scuse me...I meant this forum in particular ;)