Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaddenIV

heya, just found this site yesterday and figured i would sign up.  I love the stuff here.  Ironically I had a os tan desktop for a few years now and never even realised it untill I started browsing around here.

NejinOniwa

Wahassu! Well, I guess life is pretty mean, sarcastic and ironic most of the time - I mean, with humans as they are, there ain't much other ways to have it, now is there? ^-^
Anyways, welcome to the forums, Hidden-V-thingy!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NewYinzer

Welcome to all the new members!

Bluesummers
empress_donna
Bella
encephlon
ravendethshadow
kowaiser
kroekoe
Yoshitaka
NICCSACC
The Vampire Hao
HaddenIV

Feel free to post in the forums, view the gallery, and enjoy life in our forum!

C-Chan

Yo HaddenIV.  ^__^
Quite the eye-popping AVI you have.  ^v^

zjhentohlauedy

HaddenIV Yoroshiku!

Man I love your avi.... in fact i love most elf girls!... sigh...
My my, aren't you lovely~

Lovee

too many new people to remember>_<
anyway welcome all of you^o^ hope you can enjoy your staying here^ ^
p.s. c-chan, why did you delete your signature?

C-Chan

Fufu.... didn't delete my signature, just kept it off the default.  
I've been posting lots of pictures lately you see, so it just seemed to clash with them.  ^^'

ExelicaM

Hi, I found this site a few days ago and it's pretty neat. :D You can call me ExM.

Hahni

Heyho, i've been running through this forum like a small ghost for some time.

now i think its time to introduce myself^^

i'm an nonordinary otaku (since i got a girlfriend) and watch ordinary Anime and read ordinary manga and play some rather old Computer games (like Day of the Tentacle oder Diablo2)

I'm a friend of rock and metal.

Fantasy is my favourite genre, so if you happen to come to Drachenfest (germans greatest LARP-Event) you might find me there ^^

and yes, i'm german, born in germany and live in germany ^^

my passion for english and japanese comes from ... dont know, i just like it, any problems with it? ;)

hope to share my wide knowledge (which i have partially been spreading in a sub-forum in the lower regions of the forum ^^ )

and of course:
HELLO to all the others ^^
"Chief, we are sorounded!"
- "Perfect, now we can attack in any direktion."

NewYinzer

Welcome to the forum ExM and Hahni!

Quotei'm an nonordinary otaku (since i got a girlfriend) and watch ordinary Anime and read ordinary manga and play some rather old Computer games (like Day of the Tentacle oder Diablo2)

Nonordinary? There are several people here with girlfriends (not me, though). Though you are right, most otaku do not have girlfriends.

C-Chan

Welcome ExM.  Very no frills, aren't ya?  ^__^

And welcome to you as well Hahni,...
Great to have another animal on board.  ^___^
[Cause I'm a pig....  ^.^]

CaptBrenden

no, your breakfast sammich stuffer get it right
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

HaddenIV

lol thanks for the comments on the avatar, it's a little something that I drew up a few years ago and have been using it as a avatar ever sence.

Lovee

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
Nonordinary? There are several people here with girlfriends (not me, though). Though you are right, most otaku do not have girlfriends.

well i agree, except one situation: if that girl is a doujin-girl just like homeko
-v-
anyway it seems that "otaku" is a bad-meaning word just in japan?

HaddenIV

"anyway it seems that "otaku" is a bad-meaning word just in japan?"

From my understanding the word otaku got dubed a bad-meaning word as you put it after someone who had murdered a few people(I think to include his family) and was found with a large collection of anime and anime memorabilla.  This person as I recall was dubed something along the lines of "the otaku killer" or something of that nature and ever sence people who were otaku were considered thought to be potentially dangrous people.  

I think that over the years it has actually gotten toned down to simply being considered a nerd or geek but the underling thought of it still remains the same that otaku arnt part of the social norm.  Its realy much the same as how here in america a few gamers had killed some people and games were thought to be bad for a while and how violence in games was thought to carry over into RL for people that played them in excessive amounts.  Now ofcourse gamers are simply thought to be geeks or dorks these days there are still those out there that think that games = RL violence.

I would do a quick search for some sort of article on the "otaku killer" so that some of you could have an intersting read and something to back up what I am saying but it's getting late around here so I will leave the research to you all.