Nanami Madobe: finally, an (100%) official 7-tan!

Started by Kuro, September 25, 2009, 07:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMDKurt

Ah, i love technological evolution :3 Always moving swiftly forward ^_^

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Sora

Some of us prefer to be smarter than the computer...
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

Well, GET SMARTER in that case? And integrated systems will be a necessity in the near future anyway, to keep up with stuff. In the end it'll come down to your own mindset, you know?

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Kiso

Quote from: "Sora"Some of us prefer to be smarter than the computer...
I see you are the "robot apocalypse" kind of paranoid? Uhm.. yeah... I don't mind robot apocalypse if it happens and I get to kill myself painlessly (throw myself into the sun at light speed).

Anyways... I want to have a real "Madobi OS" with me... even if not with a robot body.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

AMDKurt

Throwing yourself into the sun at light speed will be quick but very painful me thinks, since ur atoms will get teared to shreds and transformed into pure energy XD E = Mc^2  :3 Anyway, on topic: I'd also like a real OS-tan, it would be awesome. It would get very frustrating to keep em happy though.
Me want moar RAM can i haz? :3
No, i need it for the game i run atm.
please master!!
Ok here, have some RAM, but that's all you get untill i quit playing!

20 mins later

Can i haz moar RAM master? :3

NejinOniwa

Lightspeed doesn't necessarily tear you apart in any way, as long as you take necessary precautions (and don't accelerate like a iron capsule in the LHC)...so no MC^2 worth of energy here. -w-;

Indeed, it would take a lot of programming to make sure that any sort of synthetic being is kept satisfied...then again you could just play dirty and insert a function that automatically keeps the thing on the happy side of the scale, so yeah. -w-;

AMDKurt

But then it wouldn't truly be sentient eh? A sentient machine could reprogram itself ^_^

Well Einstein said it himself, nothing can travel at lightspeed except pure enrgy aka light.

NejinOniwa

Could, sure...but if you told it not to, would it still? It's the AI equivalent of telling your child not to cut off a leg - or dye her hair, depending on the action.

I'm not quite sure Einstein said so - the only thing that's sure is that an object traveling at lightspeed is unaffected by the effects of the chronopulse, and thus does not perceive time. Thus, we can never PERCEIVE traveling at lightspeed in regular dimensional fields - with proper modification this might still be possible, however. Then again, R-axis movement makes the entire thing with lightspeed obsolete, so it's all about getting them to work properly. DAMNIT YOU, NOW YOU'VE GOTTEN ME STARTED ON PHYSICS AGAIN, I'LL BE STUCK THINKING IN 8 DIMENSIONS FOR A WEEK NOW. ;___;

AMDKurt

Well a sentient being is able to make it's own descicions, it can decide if it wants the child to cut its leg or not. But by putting up a code saying: You can't do this. will effect how sentient the being or AI in question is. For when it is at the moment that it should decide if the child should cut it's leg or not it's decision gets guided by the code and prevents it from truely making an unuiqe descicion based on it's own thoughtpatterns. Instead the code tells it, you CAN'T think like this. Wich makes it less AI and more just a program.

EDIT: Sorry for the physics talk though ^_^'

Chocofreak13

installing a program in a sentient AI to prevent it from doing something takes away it's sentience, no matter how small the change. the definition of sentience is
sen·tience  (sÄ›n'shÉ™ns, -shÄ"-É™ns)    
n.  
The quality or state of being sentient; consciousness.

Feeling as distinguished from perception or thought.

basically the ability to make one's own decisions. by preventing the AI's choice in the matter, we take away the ability to make one's own decisions, aka sentience.

and nej, don't worry, goplay some touhou. you'll feel better.

though, lightspeed travel has not yet occured as far as we know, so we have no idea of its ACTUAL effects, as einstein's theory is just that--a theory.

(FORGIVE ME EINSTEIN-SAMA ;___; )
click to make it bigger

Sora

Lightspeed is impossible, for one simple reason: if one was traveling at a quater of the speed of light, and your spaceship collided with one SPECK of space dust, the resulting explosion would be equivelent to 10 tons of TNT going off.  
In case you didn't know, space is full of dust.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

this has not yet been proven or tested outside of stars, whose composition at that point in time is a volatile explosive anyway.

this has yet to be tested with a vessel.
click to make it bigger

Kiso

Hmm... hijacked thread aside, it'd still be cool having true AIOS (Artificial Intelligence Operating System) available on my computer or a robot... or even my "smartphone" (which would then be a true-to-life smartphone). Then again, it will probably end up bugging us when it starts nagging about how we pay more attention to "that other person" than we do them" and we'd just shut down the feature for the benefit of more computing power and, more importantly, getting them out of our necks.

Hmm... maybe I'm starting to have second thoughts on some things regarding AI-based OS.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life