Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

in this case, it's not a major event (moving, buying a vehicle/building, adopting something alive bigger than a goldfish), so i think if i can get some parking planned, maybe i will go. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :3

So, was supposed to go get ice cream with my sister, but the plans have been delayed to an unspecified time...on the night I planned to make meatloaf, so I'm left trying to decide if I should delay for tomorrow for the meatloaf or skip out on ice cream ;_;

Chocofreak13

i hate it when people do that. hope it worked out okay. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Turns out, when the power flickered here, her power went out entirely, and when it came back up, her internet was down -w-;

Finally got my ice cream, or rather, frozen yogurt >w<

Bella

@Kari: I've been thinking about going to AAC if I can get a hold of the car that weekend. Couldn't do the three day pass since I've class on Friday, but Saturday /might/ be doable.

Also, I finally got in contact with my dad last night, turns out my grandparents did also. I guess his phone ended up on silent mode and he just never heard our calls. :s

Chocofreak13

you can do a 2-day pass for cheaper, just saturday and sunday. not gonna lie, you going is more of an incentive for me to go, lol. xD
click to make it bigger

Bella

Same here Kari, same here. Like you I have to wait awhile longer and see if I'll have the funds (and transport) to.

I've thought about going for a couple years now, though, and I probably have decent enough city-driving skills to get there without dying. Maybe I should finally give it a shot. ^^;

Nichi

I'd love to go to a con...but it's simply impractical at this stage; any con I'd want to go to is as far out of the way as possible and requires a lot of money just to make it happen ;_;
(I mean, I couldn't even make it to the con Linkara went to in Louisville earlier this year, and that's far closer than going to AB or AAC)

Simonorged

What do you do when faced with the confusing aspect of an unclosed door lined with silence and neglect?
Simon was here :P

Bella

Arthur T. DeMoulas was reinstated as Market Basket CEO.

In case anyone ever doubted the power of New Englanders to band together, to never give up, to move heaven and earth in pursuit of their will!

[muffled Dirty Water plays triumphantly in background]

Nichi

@Bella: Niiice >:3

I slept in very late today. Felt nice -w-

Cockleshell

So it's 5:20 am, I'm in Burlington, and this time I'm not leaving. Jesus Christ. I'm at college. I move in today around noon and I start all the orientations soon as well. I'm going to try for a biochemistry degree. I hope this goes well. Saint Michael's, I'm here.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

Good luck :[

Stomach is messed up, which honestly feels par usual for me as of late :\

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 28, 2014, 04:13:49 PM
@Bella: Niiice >:3

On a practical level I can't wait to get my hands on that delicious cheap food again, I've been paying $30+a bag at Hannafords, whereas I've gotten whole week's worth of food at Market Basket for twice that.

Also, MRW Market Basket was compared to "Digital Equipment" the other day on a Boston news talk program. The comparison was drawn over similar corporate structures and having beloved CEOs, but I'd go further - the slightly tacky retro design aesthetics, to-the-brink business miscalculation, absurdity loyal customers and undercutting business model are there as well.

Quote from: Cockleshell on August 29, 2014, 04:18:59 AM
So it's 5:20 am, I'm in Burlington, and this time I'm not leaving. Jesus Christ. I'm at college. I move in today around noon and I start all the orientations soon as well. I'm going to try for a biochemistry degree. I hope this goes well. Saint Michael's, I'm here.

You'll do great!

Also holy crap biochemistry. :0 As somebody who prefers her sciences dryer than the Sahara I am thoroughly impressed.

Nichi

...and now we need art of a random DEC-tan shopping at Market Basket -w-;
Maybe throw in Chell; since Aperture = DEC