Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cockleshell

my father deliberately stresses me out over college starting by busting into my room at 6:00 AM and announcing to me exactly how many hours i have left in my summer vacation and that i will be sitting in an 8 AM calculus 101 class in 1 week and three days

if that's not enough to start a fucking panic attack in anyone i'm leaving
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

If my mom did that, I'd punch her in the face >_>;;

Chocofreak13

why do you think i sleep with a sword next to my bed : D
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I have one not far from me -w-

Which, no word on the car; beginning to think it already sold :\
Also, my package didn't arrive today ;_;

Cockleshell

SO PATH OF EXILE GOT AN EXPANSION I AM SO EXCITED

prepare to not see me for a few days
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

welp, i am fucking exahusted. just spent the afternoon calling about 40+ animal shelters trying to find placement for 2 soon-to-be-homeless senior sister kitties. their owner is a local man who's been visiting my mum's jobs for years, and recently had to place his wife in a nursing home. he's moving in with his daughter, whose husband is viciously allergic to cats (i think?) and has said that, if they don't get homes by friday, he's going to have them put down. hindering me is their age, and the fact that they haven't had shots in a few years (apparently the wife made the appointments, which likely stopped when she got sick a few years ago). thankfully, i have leads on 2 shelters in the area which may be willing to take the cats, and according to the Monadnock Humane Society (not one of the shelters--too far away), most if not all vets won't euthanize an animal just because it's old. >>;

now, i wait and breathe.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Ugh, good luck with the cats Kari. It sounds like the man's in a tough situation but it still pisses me off with people euthanize pets just because they're no longer convenient. A pet is a lifetime responsibility and if you don't have SOME sort of (humane, non-killing or abandoning) plan for your pet if you can no longer take care of it, you shouldn't fucking have one in the first place. ><

Chocofreak13

i think the stress of it all may be getting to him. he's really distraught about having to give up his wife AND his cats. the money he's willing to spend on killing them could just as easily be used to give them shots so one of the shelters would actually take them. but he's apparently not thinking of that (or not willing to put out that cash). >>;

also, my hard drive's failing again. whoop-de-fucking-do.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Good luck with everything. ;^;

I just about had a heart attack a few minutes ago. I left my computer for a few minutes to get food, and when I came back I couldn't tell if it was on or off — the screen was black and I didn't hear the fans running, but the USB hub lights were still on. It didn't respond to keystrokes so it wasn't on hibernation. I ended up holding the power button, waited a minute and restarted it, and it's been okay since. Hopefully it was just a Photoshop-induced crash (which happens semi-regularly).

Also I went to the clinic, my nurse practitioner checked for strep throat and got a negative back on the test. She's not sure what the problem is  exactly but suspects it's some sort of upper respiratory infection. Taking antibiotics now. 

Cockleshell

So my jaw is swelling and incredibly hot and I'm at the dentist suffering what the fuck

edit: the dentist
gross: ShowHide
 expressed a good half a cup of pus and blood out of my jaw wound and flushed it out. i have to take 3 antibiotics a day now

stewartsage

Still no computer because all modern technology is shit.

Bella

DON'T DIE COCKLE.

@Stew: I know the pain.

At this point the only computers I would consider are (pre 2013) Mac Pro's and home-made desktops.

And I guess maybe higher-end, gaming-oriented laptops.

Chocofreak13

dude, did you fucking dry socket!? o__o;;;

so i went to Bella in Town Form today: White River Junction, VT. this is my "first" trip to Vermont (first one i'm counting, since the actual first was when i was 4 and i don't remember a second of it, and actually had to be told that it happened, and the second was us driving across the border, turning around, and driving back), and i enjoyed it very much. Vermont is very pretty and laid back but has the whole "bumfuck nowhere" and "serial killer land" vibe going for it. despite that, i liked it, and White River Junction stands as the most Hipster town i have ever fucking seen (seriously!!!). the school we were visiting there was above and beyond what i expected, and i'm thinking about post-grad and/or summer work there. :0

also, i may or may not have accidentally recruited a new OSCer in the student librarian there. :000
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 22, 2014, 10:48:47 PM
Vermont is very pretty and laid back but has the whole "bumfuck nowhere" and "serial killer land" vibe going for it.

You..... you know what's up.

That's pretty much the exact description of Vermont I'd give. Almost word for word.

Cockleshell

oh LORD white river junction. the halfway point in vermont from burlington and the MA border... the only thing on road signs for a good 90 miles each way.