What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: SleepyD on July 22, 2014, 02:04:12 PM
I remember the stunned silence and subsequent murmuring in the theater after the twist there. haha

Spoiler'd for actual Rebellion spoilers:
Spoiler: ShowHide
The first part of the movie fucked up my mind so badly, I couldn't even. I didn't remember Mitakihara being so flat-out-trippy in the series and it was driving me nuts. I just chalked it up to SHAFT having lots of money to pour into production values and maybe some really good drugs. The PLOT TWIST brought mixed emotions; on one hand I was like "holy crap, NO NO NO, THIS IS ALL A FABRICATION? " but on the other I was all, "Oh thank goodness, I'm not losing my mind."

On the other hand, the sheer fact that Mami was living a happy life should have set off alarm bells that the whole thing was an illusion. But I seriously didn't see it coming.

Chocofreak13

*coughs up lung*

transcribed some reviews to tumblr today. now debating on what to watch next; i started Joshiraku again, but i need to watch Paradise Kiss soon so i can review it in a block with Gokinjo Monogatari (i'd like to review GM soon so i can remember the details).
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

Quote from: Bella on July 22, 2014, 04:54:01 PM
Spoiler'd for actual Rebellion spoilers:
The first part of the movie fucked up my mind so badly, I couldn't even. I didn't remember Mitakihara being so flat-out-trippy in the series and it was driving me nuts. I just chalked it up to SHAFT having lots of money to pour into production values and maybe some really good drugs. The PLOT TWIST brought mixed emotions; on one hand I was like "holy crap, NO NO NO, THIS IS ALL A FABRICATION? " but on the other I was all, "Oh thank goodness, I'm not losing my mind."

On the other hand, the sheer fact that Mami was living a happy life should have set off alarm bells that the whole thing was an illusion. But I seriously didn't see it coming.

Spoiler? ahead
The reveal just took the trippy-ness to a whole 'nother level. And afterwards it definitely gave the theater an "oh shi--" sort of atmosphere.

Also as a side note, dat gun-kata. :O

The ending left me all "wait, what? that's it? no, that can't be it! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhh!!!" *applauds with the rest of the theater*

Chocofreak13

discovered i had a pile of incomplete backups lying around that i didn't need. deleted, got back 172 gb of space. TORRENTIN' TIEM, BITCHES~~~

(that is, if i could get this kimi ni todoke torrent off the damn ground... >>; )

EDIT: got the KnT torrent working. copied CCS off of pent's drive and onto mine. finished a torrent of Marie & Gali s1 today. doubt i'll find s2.

now, to compile all the anime i'm looking at into a solid, numbered list, and then pick a random number.
click to make it bigger

Odin Yggdrasil

Dammit I've been had.

I expected Rail Wars to be an all electric harem on rails.

Suddenly in the middle of episode 1, the steam power I wanted to see. And with some fairly accurate info on how to actually handle a steam locomotive, at least according to what I know of them from being a fan of steam for so long.

Course steam isn't a mainline power at all, and I somehow doubt that they'll be using it again. We shall see. But that was awesome seeing the doubleheader C62 2 and C62 3- engines that still exist in Japan being represented in anime, and nursed up over 100km/h.

Chocofreak13

i haven't watched it yet, but i tripped over an anime in my torrenting list that everyone here (ESPECIALLY stew) would like: Tetsudou Musume. it's literally a show about nothing but cute, train-operator girls.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I still haven't watched rail wars.

Note: UP and some British Rail companies have used steam locomotives in revenue service within the last twenty or so years.  It'd never happen in Japan, but it's worth mentioning I think.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Odin Yggdrasil

Quote from: stewartsage on August 06, 2014, 04:45:26 PM
I still haven't watched rail wars.

Note: UP and some British Rail companies have used steam locomotives in revenue service within the last twenty or so years.  It'd never happen in Japan, but it's worth mentioning I think.

Union Pacific #844. The only steam locomotive in the world to have never been withdraw from active duty.

Mostly 844 is used to pull steam excursion trains, but sometimes when returning from an excursion they'll put light freight behind it just to not waste the trip and let the engine have a little weight to pull.

There are a few british locomotives that run more regularly than you would expect. Mostly the A4 class, but there is also the Duke, the Flying Scotsman, and the Tornado- which itself is the newest full scale steam locomotive in the world having been built in 2008 from scratch.

I didn't realize till I was watching episode 4 that Rail Wars is also an ongoing anime. Looks like I'll have two ongoing series to watch- SAO season 2 and Rail Wars.

Hopefully Super Sonico season 2 comes out soon.

stewartsage

QuoteUnion Pacific #844. The only steam locomotive in the world to have never been withdraw from active duty.

Mostly 844 is used to pull steam excursion trains, but sometimes when returning from an excursion they'll put light freight behind it just to not waste the trip and let the engine have a little weight to pull.

There are a few british locomotives that run more regularly than you would expect. Mostly the A4 class, but there is also the Duke, the Flying Scotsman, and the Tornado- which itself is the newest full scale steam locomotive in the world having been built in 2008 from scratch.

Not 'more then I'd expect', no.

Bella

I need to watch Rail Wars. ;__;

sks963

Aldnoah Zero,is there anyboby also look it ?
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Balrith

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 05, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
i haven't watched it yet, but i tripped over an anime in my torrenting list that everyone here (ESPECIALLY stew) would like: Tetsudou Musume. it's literally a show about nothing but cute, train-operator girls.
Didn't think there was such a thing. Thought there was only a video game, manga, and drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI

Rail Wars is less about trains than I was hoping it would be. After the first ep, its just been generic harem with the occasional blurb of info.

Also, most of the budget went into Aoi's butt.

Quote from: sks963 on August 09, 2014, 12:44:55 PM
Aldnoah Zero,is there anyboby also look it ?
I'm watching it. Excited for Slaine next week.

sks963

Quote from: Balrith on August 10, 2014, 05:03:12 AM
Didn't think there was such a thing. Thought there was only a video game, manga, and drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI

Rail Wars is less about trains than I was hoping it would be. After the first ep, its just been generic harem with the occasional blurb of info.

Also, most of the budget went into Aoi's butt.

I'm watching it. Excited for Slaine next week.
Looking forward to that there will be a air fight like Fate/zero
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

@SK: protip: get rid of the excess text when you quote people. ^^
@balrith: ah, it seems you're right, what a shame. but still, the tv drama sounds interesting. the chart i got the info from misrepresented itself, is all. :\

today i will go back to selecting anime to show the youngins'. the potluck is fast approaching and i need to pick up the pace. ;^;
click to make it bigger