What phone/smart device are you using?

Started by DustiiWolf, January 20, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

me too, plus it eliminates the potential for butt dialing and reduces damage potential. plus, since mine's a flip, i can read text messages without having to spend minutes. 8)

curious, what made you give up the cookie?

@pent: as it turns out, i was wrong, the first BB's came out in 99'. and as it turns out, i meant palm pilot, lol. ^^ it came out in 97, check out the cool (now defunct) 90's gaming apps for it:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060517191628/http://www.moonlit-trod.com/resources/palm_pilot.html
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

the interface+touchscreen just wasn't to my liking. I can't really give you a concrete reason why, it just didn't feel natural to me. Of course, neither did the Android on my first try, but I got used to it fairly quickly. But it's entirely possible that I just hadn't spent enough time on the LG Cookie.

Chocofreak13

true. did you need a stylus to interact with it? it was pictured with one,  so maybe that was the awkward disconnect.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

So my phone is running KitKat now.

whoo

Nichi

I think mine is on Jellybean, since KitKat is only for 32GB models :/

SleepyD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 22, 2014, 09:40:55 AM
true. did you need a stylus to interact with it? it was pictured with one,  so maybe that was the awkward disconnect.
You didn't /need/ the stylus, but it still felt clunky to me. (Scrolling down anything was a pain in the ass) It was too much trouble to take out the stylus anyway. Especially coming from a flip phone, I was used to getting through menus and things fairly quickly.

Nichi

You know, I remember wanting the Motorola Razr way back when. The ad for it was so cool *w*

Bella

My bro had a silver razr. I wanted one too but in the end I was too attached to my little cheap flip phone to give it up. Also this was around the time the iPhone came out and I was seriously considering getting a hold of one of those, however our cell provider didn't pick them up (until a few years ago, lulz) so I never did...

Sad thing though, he ended up ruining it when he jumped into a river with it still in her pocket. Got a cheap little keyboardphone not too long afterward.

Simonorged

Samsung tablet 2, Kindle Fire.
and a Kyocera flip phone
Simon was here :P

Bella

My dad has a Kindle Fire (that I occasionally hijack).

It's pretty good for web browsing and reading but I don't really like the OS. It feels too ... Amazon-y. I mean Android is thoroughly Googlized but it's doesn't seem as overpowering to me.

Chocofreak13

my sister had a razr for years. i always wanted a phone but this was during the time when you could only get one via a plan, and i think she either paid for it via various jobs or piggybacked off a boyfriend's plan. i think it initially had cingular but eventually moved to verizon.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm. Actually had someone come into work one day, wanting a new phone. Her old one, which she had with her, was a Cingular phone; obviously running on AT&T now.

So, if anyone is curious, this is what happens when you try to sync a Galaxy S3 with an iBook G3. From the Android side:

...and from the OS9 side:

Got to love how Flonne is all "Please plug me into something newer :\", while Sonata is like "I can check online to find drivers maybe ^^". Although, at the very least, Sonata can charge Flonne -w-

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

Kimi ni Todoke was a fucking fantabulous series. i still have the first 2 volumes of the manga, and HAD both seasons of the anime.....dunno where the fuck they went. >>;;
click to make it bigger