Main Menu

Silverlight

Started by Kiso, September 28, 2010, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiso

Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

NejinOniwa

Well, they started off with Nanami, so I suppose the success (it was, right?) of that prompted something like this. If it's one thing that humans learn fast, it's what is and what isn't good marketing ploys.

As for design and other things, let's see if the 'boards turn up with anything before getting all official. Waka has nothing on it yet afaics, so that's that, at least...

Oh, and you may want to edit title/post some, or people may end up thinking along my lines of "what sort of shitty silverlight spammery is this" or, nvm, I'll just post it myself.

There we go, this is today's topic. Heave away, folks.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

.....new win. 7 girl??

wtf is silverlight? explain.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Kiso

I wonder if this is going to be a longstanding trend for MS, and if they eill ever try to pull this stunt on American geeks. I mean, these technologies ARE made in America...

Well... and the Americas do have geeks... regardless of how many...
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Bella

Friggin Microsoft, taking a fan meme and sucky-ing it up by making OFFICIAL mascots. ><

NejinOniwa

In the biz, we call it "OH, EXPLOITABLE"-s.

Dr. Kraus

I think that Microsoft is going a bit too far with Silverlight. I mean Silverlight is a nice little web plug-in that they have but I don't think you really need to advertise it to everyone with a Skimpy outfitted -tan (It does please the fanbase though). I honestly laughed when I first saw this, I laughed at Nanami a bit when she first came around too but I got used to it and liked the overall design. I'd like to see Steve Jobs and Apple make a move on this fan base as well! Let the great OS-Tan War begin! 95, get out the 'ol armor, WE'RE GOING BACK TO WAR!

Bella

Jobs and Co. should just adopt the canon Mac-tan designs... nothing would sell computers like a bunch of genki catgirls, amiright?

NejinOniwa

Not if Jobs has is say, they won't.

And as far as Apple is concerned, Jobs always has a say if he wants to.

Dr. Kraus

Oh Steve Jobs, when will you relize you need to retire completly yet still hold stock like Bill Gates? Look at Lil Bill now, he isn't bothered by your all touch products and expensive, faulty hardware. Your iMac is such a pain in my ass when I have to fix one for a graphic designer, it took my dad and myself around 5 or so hours to fix one and we had to take it apart twice. Thanks Steve Jobs for making my job a little bit harder.

But I think that Apple's sales could double with the use of Apple-tans.

We are looking at you Stevie mai boi, we are looking at you...

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "Chocofreak13".....new win. 7 girl??

wtf is silverlight? explain.

My System Animator gadget uses Silverlight... lol
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Chocofreak13

WTF IS SILVERLIG--oh screw it i'll go use google.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

No idea, but Microsoft makes me update it to do shit all the time when I use my XP laptop.

Dr. Kraus

Silverlight is Microsoft's alternative to flash (not that it replaces flash because I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon). They use it on Microsoft.com and Xbox.com so when you go on there you are going to need it. Also helps run desktop interfaces in Windows7 like the little side bar widgits and desktop animations (Don't take my word for it only being on windows7 because I know its probably compatable with XP and Vista).