Bella's OS-tan Artwork Thread

Started by Bella, March 18, 2007, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infinity_zero

Good paint. > < b
I like you use color. ^^

NejinOniwa

ALL HAIL OUR MIGHTY UNIX-SAMA!!! BOW DOWN, MAGGOTS! THE EMPRESS COMMANDS YOU!!!

Added after 52 seconds:

If i had a heapload of awesomeness and/or Kyon pics in my hands right now i would drop it right on you, Bella-san. >w<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

THOSE ARE AWESOME!! Of course all of your stuff is awesome, but I think those are your best works yet!

Unix-sama is portrayed really beautifully... I feel I must bow down to her too! I also really like your updated rendition of Linux-tan in her suit! (And Solaris-tan has a similar one too!) And now that you've drawn SCO-tan in color, I can draw a color-version fanart of her now!

Also, very nice job on Unix-sama's eyes!

Yay! Linux XP-tan returns! And with a totally awesome friend! Dream Linux-tan, the Mac OS X fangirl = instant favorite! :D

----

will be back to comment on the last two pictures later.

But before I end this post, congratulations on the Mac OSX rank and welcome to the House of Mac! But be careful and don't let those pervy OSX-kuns get you! :D

C-Chan

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO STOP EXPLODING WHEN YOU DRAW STUFF LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  @0@

INSTANT SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella

Dammit! Git me the fire extinguisher!

QuoteALL HAIL OUR MIGHTY UNIX-SAMA!!! BOW DOWN, MAGGOTS! THE EMPRESS COMMANDS YOU!!!

Ahhh, alas I don't think the Slackware family is on the right track...the Goddess would much rather see her subordinates accomplishing stuff than groveling XD

QuoteIf i had a heapload of awesomeness and/or Kyon pics in my hands right now i would drop it right on you, Bella-san. >w<

Woohoo!

(Although I'm not sure if Haruhi would approve of you dropping a bunch of Kyon pix on me heehee)

QuoteUnix-sama is portrayed really beautifully

*Stares at Unix-sama*

Uh...oh...people complementing her looks and groveling she can live with, just don't dare call her "Ma Bell Labs"

J/K I just had to add that somehow XD

QuoteI also really like your updated rendition of Linux-tan in her suit! (And Solaris-tan has a similar one too!

That's kinda the joke, that Solaris-tan is trying to copy some of her kinda-competitor's dress style...hehe...

QuoteAnd now that you've drawn SCO-tan in color, I can draw a color-version fanart of her now!

Can't wait to see that! Just remember, she's a maniac with delusions of grandeur, not mention Linux-sama conspiracy theories, like that she received special training from Unix-sama that she herself was left out on...

QuoteYay! Linux XP-tan returns! And with a totally awesome friend! Dream Linux-tan, the Mac OS X fangirl = instant favorite!

The second I heard about DreamLinux I knew I had to do a -tan of it ;)

Aurora Borealis

Now back to where I was...

3rd picture: YAY! LEOPARD-TAN!! Also, Nice puns! And after hearing several news stories of hacked iPhones, maybe iPhone-tan is trying to retaliate! ;006

4th picture: Very cute! I also notice the strong resemblance to her clone, NT-tan!

but now they are like worlds apart when it comes to their personalities but the fact that VMS-sama is crazy, likes sharks and wields huge blades are some of the things that make her so awesome!

Oh, Solaris-tan's new outfit was part of a joke! Silly me for not getting the reference! ^^;

Crazy, maniacal, delusions of grandeur, conspiracies, really crazy, crazier than I imagined... Wow! That SCO-tan is definently one of my favorite of the OS-tans that you made! ;010

Bella

Quote3rd picture: YAY! LEOPARD-TAN!! Also, Nice puns! And after hearing several news stories of hacked iPhones, maybe iPhone-tan is trying to retaliate!

Heehee! Trying to have a bit of fun at the expense of her big sister ;)

Quote4th picture: Very cute! I also notice the strong resemblance to her clone, NT-tan!

but now they are like worlds apart when it comes to their personalities but the fact that VMS-sama is crazy, likes sharks and wields huge blades are some of the things that make her so awesome!

Yeah...poor VMS-sama...

But it makes for an interesting character...!

QuoteOh, Solaris-tan's new outfit was part of a joke! Silly me for not getting the reference! ^^;

I didn't want their dress style to be *identical* so I tried to keep it a bit subtle.

QuoteCrazy, maniacal, delusions of grandeur, conspiracies, really crazy, crazier than I imagined... Wow! That SCO-tan is definently one of my favorite of the OS-tans that you made!

Ahhhh, the SCO group and their super team of litigators made that OS every psycho thing it is now...I just made it into a -tan form XD

C-Chan

Last major stop.  ^___^
And lots and lots of stuff to reply here too.

Stand by!  ^^;

Added after 58 minutes:

QuoteSo here it is! The semi-maybe-sorta-finished Unix-sama and company picture!

*C-chan EXPLODES*

*recombines*

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  ^^;

But yes,... in color, this is hands-down, no excuse, your best picture drawn TO DATE!!!!!!  ^V^
Sure, I think you'll be doing even better ones in the near future (if you're Leopard one is anything to speak of), but this combination of wonderful coloring, masterful shading/highlighting, crisp-clean lineart, rich cast of characters, intelligent use of references and easter eggs, AND inclusion of a professionally-drawn UNIX-sama, all combine to create one M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E!!!  ^v^

And I knew I could count on your sk1llz as closet fashion designer to whip up some awesome attire for the Queen Mother.  ^___^

Admittedly, Solaris-sama does look a bit air-headed, but then she HAS been brought down to earth in recent years, to the point where now she has no choice but to shameless imitate Linux-sama.  (OH! how the mighty have fallen... ^.^)

Speaking of which, it's also painful to see SCO-chan be so reckless and bratty (and a potential M$ proxy), given her mother was such a proud and honorable woman.  ;^-^;

*sniff*

Ah yes, and still luv DSL-chan's Lilliputian inclusion in this pic.  ^__^
Did I mention that -- in a frightening breach of C-chan protocol -- I may just create a DSL-kun?  ^^;

QuoteAnd here's a closeup of her eyes...I think I did a good job of them..

C-CHAN APPROVED!!!!!!!  ^__~

QuoteAnd here's a DreamLinux/Linux XP-tan picture, a parody of the famous Tiger-tan/Saseko picture!

But for the record, I need to redo their hair highlights...

Wow!  I'm checking out the times and so far it seems like you really know how to work Inkscape very quickly now.  ^.^

Ya-makin-me-proud!!!!  ^v^

Just one thing though,...  
If you've used DreamLinux as much as I have, you'll know that the OS uses an awful lot of blue and cyan.  The logo is blue, the desktop wallpapers are blue, the major icons are blue (or cyan) and the OSX-style dock has gobs of blue.  Silver is also a major color, but she only has a small smattering of silver color (more like white).

My recommendation:  Need more blue.  ^___^

Her mouth is also a bit too far to the right -- try moving it over so that it starts more or less from where the base of the nose ends (you might have to shave down the spikey ends of the smile a little).

Other than that, love the parody!  ^v^

QuoteTime Flys! Or Time Bandit! Or Where does the Time Go! Leopard-tan finally catching iPhone-tan after she hijacks her time machine stopwatch. I actually had the thought of doing a comic showing what happens on the other side of that time-wormhole...

Oh now,... THIS hands-down wins the nomination for best Artistic Direction!!!!!  ^V^

The background alone is drop-dead GORGEOUS, and while I recognize the crexcent moon as a blurred vector shape, I'm dying to know if everything else is either just a raster image pasted on the canvas,... or just your genius light manipulation at work.  ^___^

Leopard-sama is drawn with your hallmark beautifully-detailed clothing, but the vector line art have definitely added an unprecedented degree of cleaniness and precision to it.  The proportions -- especially her legs -- are a lot more conservative than your usual CLAMP approach (very long legs), which I applaud and encourage that you use more often since    it adds an even greater layer of realism.  The soft shadework is very well handed (almost as if you did it in Photoshop), and the higlights are very well employed -- your decision to make her futuristic buttons glow was dynamite!!  ^__~b

Add to that the humor of her snatching the mischievous little iPhone-tan (who looks very well drawn as well, even if the detail is a bit too small to appreciate fully), and I think the only reason why this can only take second place to your Best Drawing Ever is because the UNIX-sama and Co. friends has more characters.  Otherwise, I insist you give a commentary about this picture, because I see this as the future of Bella-sama's artwork.  ^____^

Produce GAWDLY works like these, and you might as well be the next CLAMP.  ^v^

QuoteAnd finally, just a quick pic of a young VMS-sama, before...erm...her life got ruined....

Well,... there's not much to say here since it's a fairly simple pic, other than it's such a novetly to see VMS-sama look so.... pleasant and normal.  ^___^

As you said... if only she had led a good life, she wouldn't be all that different from NT-san.  ^__^

Oh well,... one can only hope that good things can still await her in the future.  ^.^

QuoteTales from a once DAU: Mac OSX edition

Fufufu.... I'm so proud as well that you have cast away your DAU shell.  ^___^

QuoteKeep in mind, at this point, I know Windows has 94+ percent of the market share on PCs; I never gave much though to what the other 6% was. I had heard of Apple computers but I really had no idea of their OS. So when I first logged on, it seemed quite alien and strange. But not long after, I started to get used to it, even if I did like to secretly poke fun at it's differences with my familiar Windows OS's.

I'm ashamed to say myself that I once poked fun at the fact that OS9 crashed a lot more than it should've and was apparently stuck in a timewarp.  I was young and stupid back then.... T___T

QuoteMy dad on the other hand, seemed to absolutly hate that machine; To say the least, it didn't seem to get along with him. Thus started a zealotical disdain of all things Apple. I myself was fairly annoyed by any sort of OS zealotry and was surprised to see how deeply many user cared about their OS and attacked competing ones; I tried (not always successfully) to avoid any kind of flamewars, either defending well-hated OSs or standing up for my own, because it always ended pointlessly and with a lot of bad blood.

I'm right to call you a peacemaker then.  ^___^

QuoteAround this time I realized my sentiment: that what's a great OS for one person may be the worst for another; it's pointless trying to convince anyone otherwise.

Yeah, it's amazing what MULTICicians say about UNIX and other OSes.  (despite the fact that their OS is technically DEAD as a doorknob....^^;)

QuoteThat said, my dad has done an almost 180 on his feelings about Macs; He always thought I'd be the one to buy an Apple, but now I wouldn't be completely surprised if his next (work) computer is running OSX 10.5!

I wonder if you're beautiful artwork has anything to do with it.  He probably so how nicely you drew your beachfront OSX girls from oh-so-many months ago.  ^___^

Then again, if he saw your Leopard pic, that's instant conversion right there!  ^v^

QuoteALL HAIL OUR MIGHTY UNIX-SAMA!!! BOW DOWN, MAGGOTS! THE EMPRESS COMMANDS YOU!!!

*realizes his own impudence and grovels besides DSL-chan before UNIX-sama's feet*

QuoteAnd now that you've drawn SCO-tan in color, I can draw a color-version fanart of her now!

I'm still hoping I can draw Xenix-sama soon.  (maybe alongside the old M$ family)
And that reminds me,... I still owe you a Windows 2.0-chan sob story.  ^^;

Bella

QuoteAdmittedly, Solaris-sama does look a bit air-headed, but then she HAS been brought down to earth in recent years, to the point where now she has no choice but to shameless imitate Linux-sama. (OH! how the mighty have fallen... ^.^)

I dunno if she's airheaded as much as shocked by the Slackware-tans' behavior! Kinda like, "Even I haven't tried that before"

QuoteSpeaking of which, it's also painful to see SCO-chan be so reckless and bratty (and a potential M$ proxy), given her mother was such a proud and honorable woman. ;^-^;

Heehee...tango with Novell and this is what happens XD

I also thought of an other comic kinda explaining how that happened....just showing SCO-tan and her super team of lawyers facing off against UnixWare-san, SuSE-san, Linux-sama and others....

Long story short, after all of SCO-tan's "human shield" of lawyers run away in fright, she's left facing her opponents by herself...then the next panel would show her being chased by the angry horde, and it cuts away to her in a hospital bed in traction, melodramatically whining about how her life is over to a very PO'ed Unix-sama, and that she should just be put out now...

Unix-sama, of course, feels much obliged to grant this wish to her (granddaughter?), and proceeds to grab a nearby pillow. SCO-tan starts backpedaling around now...but since her arms are in no shape to push Unix-sama off, she's just sorta flailing around wildly (in a very comedic way), but all this ends as her lawyers return to check up on her...Unix-sama just smiles and pretends as if she's kindly fluffing up a pillow, and SCO-tan is just sitting there, very disheveled and bewildered looking.

QuoteDid I mention that -- in a frightening breach of C-chan protocol -- I may just create a DSL-kun? ^^;

Gah! Windows Zealots contemplating conversion, you thinking of doing a OS-kun....

*dons sandwich board and bell*

*The end is niiiiiiiigh!!!!*

QuoteJust one thing though,...
If you've used DreamLinux as much as I have, you'll know that the OS uses an awful lot of blue and cyan. The logo is blue, the desktop wallpapers are blue, the major icons are blue (or cyan) and the OSX-style dock has gobs of blue. Silver is also a major color, but she only has a small smattering of silver color (more like white).

My recommendation: Need more blue. ^___^

Her mouth is also a bit too far to the right -- try moving it over so that it starts more or less from where the base of the nose ends (you might have to shave down the spikey ends of the smile a little).

'Kay...I'll have to do that!

QuoteThe background alone is drop-dead GORGEOUS, and while I recognize the crexcent moon as a blurred vector shape, I'm dying to know if everything else is either just a raster image pasted on the canvas,... or just your genius light manipulation at work. ^___^

No sir, that's all vector :D

QuoteLeopard-sama is drawn with your hallmark beautifully-detailed clothing, but the vector line art have definitely added an unprecedented degree of cleaniness and precision to it. The proportions -- especially her legs -- are a lot more conservative than your usual CLAMP approach (very long legs), which I applaud and encourage that you use more often since it adds an even greater layer of realism. The soft shadework is very well handed (almost as if you did it in Photoshop), and the higlights are very well employed -- your decision to make her futuristic buttons glow was dynamite!! ^__~

I really went wild with the highlights cause of the time wormhole-thingy XD I thought the buttons glowing would add to their glassy appearance...

QuoteWell,... there's not much to say here since it's a fairly simple pic, other than it's such a novetly to see VMS-sama look so.... pleasant and normal. ^___^

As you said... if only she had led a good life, she wouldn't be all that different from NT-san. ^__^

Oh well,... one can only hope that good things can still await her in the future. ^.^

Yeah, I did this in a couple of hours for the heck of it mostly ;)

QuoteYeah, it's amazing what MULTICicians say about UNIX and other OSes. (despite the fact that their OS is technically DEAD as a doorknob....^^

WTF? There's still MULTICicians around? Didn't it go out along with powdered wigs?

I guess they don't hang at DeviantArt and Neowin.com, do they?

QuoteI wonder if you're beautiful artwork has anything to do with it. He probably so how nicely you drew your beachfront OSX girls from oh-so-many months ago. ^___^

Then again, if he saw your Leopard pic, that's instant conversion right there! ^v^

LOL...nope, I'd say it has more to do with *GASP* Windows Vista than anything. I don't know if it's so much at him liking Macs than, not. wanting. anything. to. do. with. Vista.

QuoteI'm still hoping I can draw Xenix-sama soon. (maybe alongside the old M$ family) [/quote

Oooooh!!!

QuoteAnd that reminds me,... I still owe you a Windows 2.0-chan sob story. ^^;

Hah! Pay up! Sap levels are dangerously low!

*dangles raincheck*

NejinOniwa

*pokes Bella and whispers in her ear* Hey, ask him for a C-Chan Beam instead this time! I wanna see it! >w<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

QuoteI dunno if she's airheaded as much as shocked by the Slackware-tans' behavior! Kinda like, "Even I haven't tried that before"

Oh okay,... *sighs with relief* ^___^
Yeah, now I can definitely picture Solaris-sama thinking that.  ^.^

QuoteI also thought of an other comic kinda explaining how that happened....just showing SCO-tan and her super team of lawyers facing off against UnixWare-san, SuSE-san, Linux-sama and others....

Long story short, after all of SCO-tan's "human shield" of lawyers run away in fright, she's left facing her opponents by herself...then the next panel would show her being chased by the angry horde, and it cuts away to her in a hospital bed in traction, melodramatically whining about how her life is over to a very PO'ed Unix-sama, and that she should just be put out now...

*smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile*  ^_________________^
Bella's a genius... what can I say?  ^v^

QuoteUnix-sama, of course, feels much obliged to grant this wish to her (granddaughter?), and proceeds to grab a nearby pillow. SCO-tan starts backpedaling around now...but since her arms are in no shape to push Unix-sama off, she's just sorta flailing around wildly (in a very comedic way), but all this ends as her lawyers return to check up on her...Unix-sama just smiles and pretends as if she's kindly fluffing up a pillow, and SCO-tan is just sitting there, very disheveled and bewildered looking.

Too cute................ In a sadistic kinda way............. ^.^
I wanna help!  I wanna help!!!  ^V^

*squeals with delight*

QuoteGah! Windows Zealots contemplating conversion, you thinking of doing a OS-kun....

*dons sandwich board and bell*

*The end is niiiiiiiigh!!!!*

Fufufu,... when you see him, I think you'll understand why I indulge in the occasional heresy.  ^__^

QuoteNo sir, that's all vector

*INSTA-SWOON!!!!!*

Do I have to do that 'Kung Fu Hustle' skit again?  @v@

QuoteI really went wild with the highlights cause of the time wormhole-thingy XD I thought the buttons glowing would add to their glassy appearance...

Yes that's fantastic!  ^v^
The point behind Inkscape is that you're allowed to sit back, relax, and go wild without risk of doing irreversible damage to your image!  ^-^

*sniff*

I'm so happy.... ^-^

QuoteYeah, I did this in a couple of hours for the heck of it mostly

*continues happiness*  ^______^

QuoteWTF? There's still MULTICicians around? Didn't it go out along with powdered wigs?

I guess they don't hang at DeviantArt and Neowin.com, do they?

See for yourself... ^__^

http://www.multicians.org/

QuoteLOL...nope, I'd say it has more to do with *GASP* Windows Vista than anything. I don't know if it's so much at him liking Macs than, not. wanting. anything. to. do. with. Vista.

Hmmmm.... well that is a bit dangerous, but I have faith a Mac OSX won't disappoint.  '__'

Just in case, I'd dangle some more Beryl or Compiz Fusion here & now.....  ^___^

QuoteHah! Pay up! Sap levels are dangerously low!

*dangles raincheck*

*CRIES*  BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!  GOMEN, I'M SOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;^0^;

Okay, I'll see what I can do.  ^__^

Bella

QuoteToo cute................ In a sadistic kinda way............. ^.^
I wanna help! I wanna help!!! ^V^

*squeals with delight*

XD Unix-sama doesn't reward weakness!

QuoteYes that's fantastic! ^v^
The point behind Inkscape is that you're allowed to sit back, relax, and go wild without risk of doing irreversible damage to your image! ^-^

*sniff*

I'm so happy.... ^-^

'Zactly!

QuoteSee for yourself... ^__^

http://www.multicians.org/

O___O Whoa! That's really interesting!

Just one thing in the humor section kinda annoyed me as a fan on so many levels...or four to be exact ;)

QuoteOS comparisons to classical literature

Multics - Iliad
   Full of heroes & exploits.
   Modern firepower renders most of its tactics obsolete.
Unix - Aeneid
   Studied in more classrooms than the Iliad.
   Doesn't make it better or more of a success.
   Different language, different cultural matrix, different goals.
OS/360 - Internal revenue code
   Widely studied but only a few consider it epic.
MSDOS - Gilligan's Island
Mac OS - Cheers
Windows - Married, With Children

Hmmmm....Multicians....the original OS Evangelists...? J/K

But now I kinda want to do a *OMG* Multics-sama!

QuoteHmmmm.... well that is a bit dangerous, but I have faith a Mac OSX won't disappoint. '__'

Just in case, I'd dangle some more Beryl or Compiz Fusion here & now..... ^___^

Maybe I exaggerate...there are some valid reasons...he doesn't exactly want this computer to make spreadsheets n' word processing documents, it's going to be used mostly for small-scale A/V and photo editing....

Quote*CRIES* BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! GOMEN, I'M SOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;^0^;

Okay, I'll see what I can do. ^__^

Go check out the Maple trees. They are a fine source of sap XD

C-Chan

QuoteHmmmm....Multicians....the original OS Evangelists...? J/K

But now I kinda want to do a *OMG* Multics-sama!

Fufufu.... it MIGHT be true, but it is just a little pretentious given how dead and buried that system is.  Or i guess it's something like Dreamcast and Saturn supporters, who recognized the technical superiority of the machines even though they didn't do so hot in the market.  ^___^'

But as for MULTICS-sama, yeah!  I wanted to draw her as very flowy and goddess-like, but I felt I didn't have the finesse to do that.  Only a person of superior fashion sense could take on the role of drawing the Mother of the Queen Mother, so I'm very glad you've chosen to take this great responsibility.  ^__^

I'm not sure if I ever got around to explaining my take on MULTICS-sama.  I'd rather not say I'll write a long story about it, cause I likely won't (not for lack of trying, mind you).... T__T'

But I can at least cover a few bits and pieces of the story I had for her:

-- The story I had planned is, like with 2.0-chan, told from the POV of UNIX-sama.  However, unlike with 2.0-chan, UNIX-sama's story alternates constantly between past and present, as certain actions she's performing in the present day, remind her of how difficult it was to do it in her youth when she was powerless and hunted.

-- The story would begin with a brief flashback in 2000 during a heavy blizzard in northern Canada, where UNIX-sama and a troop of UNIX-tans (including Solaris), track down the last hiding place of MULTICS-sama.

-- MULTICS-sama stays coy and defiant as she continues to work running her small system, but becomes sad and distraught as its power is turned off.

-- UNIX-sama orders everyone else to wait outside (much to their chagrin, since it's so damn cold!) while she "finishes off the old Relic"; with everyone gone, however, UNIX and MULTICS begin having a very curt exchange.

-- Slowly, the fake professionalism gives way to more emotional conversation, then to recollections of the past, then to apologizes, then to a very teary and heartfelt embrace.

-- UNIX-sama, only 10 seconds too late, finally hugs her tightly and calls her "Mother" for the first and last time in her life.

-- The story from there progresses with an older flashback in the 1960's during her birth in Bell Labs, and the cold and spartan conditions of her upbringing.  

-- While flipping between past and present, we piece together an image of the OS-tan world in that era, and the absolute belief that MULTICS-sama will lead computing of the future.

-- MULTICS-sama then was a very powerful and very confident sorceress (despite the fact that she looked refined and elegant).  UNIX-sama, through trained rigorously in physical, academic and emotional endurance, does not actually have any powers at this point.

-- Nonetheless, the first assignment given to her (to "challenge" her wits) is to take down MULTICS-sama; at this point in time, she's smart enough to put two-and-two together, but is forbidden from looking further into her relationship with MULTICS-sama.

-- Unable, with much humiliation, to defeat MULTICS on the basis of power, UNIX eventually tries cunning and ingenuity to bring down MULTICS to her level.

-- This almost works, but due to some key calculation mistakes, her plan fails and a very angered MULTICS-sama nearly kills her on the spot out of retribution.

-- But after a philosophical exchange between herself (while slowly slipping into unconsciousness), UNIX-sama explodes back into a kind of fast, furious and frightening primal rage.  As if begged by countless unborn voices to live on, she tears apart MULTICS-sama's magical defenses and unleashes her fury on her unprotected physical self.

-- Not used to such a savage attack and finding herself in serious danger for the first ime in her life, MULTICS cries and begs for UNIX to stop, but these fall on the deaf ears of a berserker.  I imagine MULTICS-sama may have had wings, but at least one is torn in this fight.

-- Eventually UNIX stops, and although MULTICS is still conscious, she's only a frightened, quivering and non-luminescent specter of her former self.

-- Sorrow, bewilderment and shame swell up in the young UNIX, but she silently resumes her mission.  She takes MULTICS-sama's silver staff (hint, hint), goes off to the rooftop of the "castle" and shoots up a beam of light into the sky that casts aside the cloud-cover.  Though magical power courses through her veins, intermixing with her newfound telekinetic power, she feels not a single ounce of pride.  Only the beaten MULTICS-sama, looking up with sadness and despair at her new successor, can make out the small trickle of tears.

Could say more, but I think that's enough melodrama for one day.  Hope this helps out somehow.  -v-

QuoteMaybe I exaggerate...there are some valid reasons...he doesn't exactly want this computer to make spreadsheets n' word processing documents, it's going to be used mostly for small-scale A/V and photo editing....

Oh that!  YEAH!  In that case, Macs are perfect for video and photo editing.  ^___^

QuoteGo check out the Maple trees. They are a fine source of sap XD

AS IF I needed more sap.  ^^;
But would be a good excuse to drop by IceLilly's place.  -v-

*goes off to buy some canadian dollars*

Bella

QuoteBut as for MULTICS-sama, yeah! I wanted to draw her as very flowy and goddess-like, but I felt I didn't have the finesse to do that. Only a person of superior fashion sense could take on the role of drawing the Mother of the Queen Mother, so I'm very glad you've chosen to take this great responsibility. ^__^

Neat! Even though I have no idea of her age (I'm guessing she'd be more "mature" than Unix-sama, since Multics was larger)/hair or eye color (Again, I'm guessing dark hair, light eyes)/attitude (well, I think I know a bit about her attitude : \ ), or dress style (maybe old Victorian, lacy and billowing, with a modernish-twist) but at least I have a starting point...

Quote-- The story I had planned is, like with 2.0-chan, told from the POV of UNIX-sama. However, unlike with 2.0-chan, UNIX-sama's story alternates constantly between past and present, as certain actions she's performing in the present day, remind her of how difficult it was to do it in her youth when she was powerless and hunted.

I'm a fan of Lost, so I'm impervious to flashback confusion!

*Reads*

Quote-- MULTICS-sama then was a very powerful and very confident sorceress (despite the fact that she looked refined and elegant). UNIX-sama, through trained rigorously in physical, academic and emotional endurance, does not actually have any powers at this point.

So they're kinda like the opposite of each other, physically? IE, Unix-sama very simple and utilitarian, Multics-sama very polished and elegant?

QuoteI imagine MULTICS-sama may have had wings, but at least one is torn in this fight.

Ooooh...I approve....

Quote-- Eventually UNIX stops, and although MULTICS is still conscious, she's only a frightened, quivering and non-luminescent specter of her former self.

-- Sorrow, bewilderment and shame swell up in the young UNIX, but she silently resumes her mission. She takes MULTICS-sama's silver staff (hint, hint), goes off to the rooftop of the "castle" and shoots up a beam of light into the sky that casts aside the cloud-cover. Though magical power courses through her veins, intermixing with her newfound telekinetic power, she feels not a single ounce of pride. Only the beaten MULTICS-sama, looking up with sadness and despair at her new successor, can make out the small trickle of tears.

OM....whaaaaa!!! After just reading half the Muticians site, I never would have thought anyone could make me feel sorry for that ancient old system, but you did!

Must. Draw. Multics-sama.

PS:

Hope you don't mind my avi...I'm going to change it every 20 posts or so, from Cheetah all the way to Tiger or Leopard-san...

I picked this one cause it was the cutest Puma-chan pic I've seen ^_^

C-Chan

Oh GAWD how I loe the PU-chan.  *v*

I - can - just - stare - at - that - all - day.  *_______*

QuoteNeat! Even though I have no idea of her age (I'm guessing she'd be more "mature" than Unix-sama, since Multics was larger)

Yep.  ^^
Compared to the eternally-youthful UNIX-sama, MULTICS is a very grown, very mature woman.  (Tall by 1960's standards, but not so much these days.  -v-)

Quote/hair or eye color (Again, I'm guessing dark hair, light eyes)

Correct,... she is UNIX-sama's mother.  ^__^

Quote/attitude (well, I think I know a bit about her attitude : \

Not sure what you mean by that, but okay.  ^v^
Like her system, her personality if fairly complex.  Plenty of room for her to be your worst enemy, or the kindest and most loyal person you'll ever know.  ^^

Quote), or dress style (maybe old Victorian, lacy and billowing, with a modernish-twist)

Too conservative!!!  More, MORE ambition I SAY!  ^0^

*C-chan goes mad with power*

More LACE!
More billowing!!!
More FLOWING STUFF THINGIES!!!!!!
MORE MODERN TWISTS AND TURNS AND TUSSLES AND TONGUETWISTERS!!!!!!!!  ^V^
BASUGASUBASUBASU BASUGASUBAKUHAKU GASUBAKUHAKUHAKU!!!!!!!!!!  ^0^

Oh what the hell, I'll let the pictures do the suggesting... ^^

QuoteI'm a fan of Lost, so I'm impervious to flashback confusion!

*Reads*

*C-chan enters clueless mode*
Oh,... is that one of your Cable TV thingies again?  '_'

QuoteSo they're kinda like the opposite of each other, physically? IE, Unix-sama very simple and utilitarian, Multics-sama very polished and elegant?

Yep.  ^__^
Though it may not look it, UNIX-sama does secretly harbor a certain inferiority complex.  In her mind, she's far duller and uglier than her mother ever was, and dresses/acts accordingly.  If not for the fact that her personality has long since been set in stone (more like metal), she'd be a girl in desperate need of some therapy.

Not that she would be the first (or last) rich industrialist to have psychological issues.  ^___^'

QuoteOoooh...I approve....

Awww.... i was kinda hoping you'd be angry and indignant by this.  '__'
But I guess it does accentuate the horror of the moment.

Many Anime series, like Rayearth, have the heroes/heroines beating magically-superior foes using some hidden magical power of their own.  (or as I like to call it, the Vandread Rule: "Scream really loudly, and you can vanquish any foe")  ^.^;

With UNIX-sama, I wanted to add a different twist to this -- yes, she uncovers a hidden power, but rather than being grossly SUPERIOR to MULTICS-sama's, it's actually grossly INFERIOR.  Baser, primal, primitive -- no need for Science or Sorcery, "Just Keep it Simple, Stupid".

QuoteOM....whaaaaa!!! After just reading half the Muticians site, I never would have thought anyone could make me feel sorry for that ancient old system, but you did!

Must. Draw. Multics-sama.

Well I'm glad.  -v-

I felt very sad writing this too, not just for MULTICS-sama, but also for UNIX-sama as well.  I'm sure you realize now why UNIX-sama is the way she is.  She doesn't think lowly of herself just for the sake of some false modesty, but rather because she's had to live (for 40 years) with the memory of doing something unbelievably horrible -- sinful, even.  They were both at fault (MULTICS-sama certainly had the power and influence to suggest a kind of power-sharing, but never did so), if only because the two were blindly loyal to the companies they represented.  MULTICS lost a daughter and her power, and UNIX lost a mother and her innocence, and in the end all for naught.

I imagine that the reason why UNIX-sama changed after the UNIX wars was because she felt a macabre kind of peace in the knowledge that she finally got what was coming to her.  That's why she's spent so much energy in there trying as best as possible to reform her crazy family, and embrace the more benevolent Linuces as her own.  So far, though, her family is still in a position to repeat history.  -__-

QuotePS:

Hope you don't mind my avi...I'm going to change it every 20 posts or so, from Cheetah all the way to Tiger or Leopard-san...

I picked this one cause it was the cutest Puma-chan pic I've seen

How can I mind that?  ^___^
If it were up to me, I'd keep that,.... forever,...... and ever...... ^______________^

*staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare*  ^.^

PS:

I picked this one cause it was the cutest Puma-chan pic I've seen [/quote]